Sending cameras by mail

Benassy

n3wb
Reaction score
I’ve just sold a few of my old cameras and I can’t find any courier that is willing to ship them and cover the loss if they get damaged in transit.

They will be packaged properly although I know some people on a famous auction site can be somewhat unscrupulous and claim they received damaged goods.

does anyone know of a courier who is willing to ship cameras with insurance? It’s UK to UK shipping. Thankyou!!

Benassy

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, I did look at parcel2go but under their terms and all the couriers on their site state they will not cover damage under their policies.

Reaction score
I thought UPS, the big brown trucks were in the UK as well. They have 100 dollars automatic coverage and then you pay for any coverage above that.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Try parcel2go.com. (There are other similar sites as well).

This searches all the major UK postal services and lists them by price. You can then add on extra insurance at the end. in my experience, most carriers are not an issue up to around £500. It's only once you exceed this, it becomes very expensive or difficult to findcompanies willing to cover it. With soemthing like cameras though, you have the option of sending more than 1 parcel if that's cheaper than the insurance or if insurance north of £500 isn't available.