Sending instructions to BI from command line

MikeR33

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been messing about and now have an interface I can use to detect state changes on my old home alarm and also fire alarm using an old dismantled Xbox360 wired controller and cheapo relay set.

Currently it's sending a command line curl commands successfully to pushover for alerting to the alarm sounding, entry\exit mode and active\inactive status changes.

Can I send an external function request from a command line window for BI to trigger all cams, change profile etc. The interface runs directly on the same pc as BI so it won't be over a network or anything.

Any help appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Mike

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a tip for working with BI's HTTP API. In the Web server > Advanced page, you can put something like ^127.0.0.1 into the "Limit access by IP address" box and it will automatically give an administrator session to traffic from that address, so you don't need to log in.

I don't think it works for JSON API stuff, but for the plain HTTP GET requests it should work.

1648414476145.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's a tip for working with BI's HTTP API. In the Web server > Advanced page, you can put something like ^127.0.0.1 into the "Limit access by IP address" box and it will automatically give an administrator session to traffic from that address.

View attachment 123429
Can you wildcard the local network addresses in some way? i.e., ^192.168.1.* or something along those lines?

Edit to add: Should have looked myself. Yes, you can. From help file:

"As a wildcard, an asterisk (*) may be used at the end of an entry."

Last edited: