Sercomm RC8221 no signal

scunny

n3wb
Reaction score
I successfully added this camera to BI and it worked fine for over a day. Yesterday I rebooted BI and this camera came up as no signal. I have removed it and added it back a couple of times along with power cycling the camera. It is a part of a HA system and it's fine there and is still working on Tiny Cam Pro. Thanks in advance for any troubleshooting suggestions you may have.

Sercomm.PNG Sercomm1.PNG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I successfully added this camera to BI and it worked fine for over a day. Yesterday I rebooted BI and this camera came up as no signal. I have removed it and added it back a couple of times along with power cycling the camera. It is a part of a HA system and it's fine there and is still working on Tiny Cam Pro. Thanks in advance for any troubleshooting suggestions you may have.

View attachment 30478 View attachment 30479
log out of tinycam or any other device logging into the camera, then restart blue iris and see if it works..some cams are not happy with multiple logins, particularly the same usernames.

scunny

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply. I tried your suggestion but no luck. One thing I did noticed though is I also power cycled the camera and while it was booting I got a different error, timeout, check ip address and port. So it appears BI is seeing the camera.

Sercomm2.PNG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply. I tried your suggestion but no luck. One thing I did noticed though is I also power cycled the camera and while it was booting I got a different error, timeout, check ip address and port. So it appears BI is seeing the camera.

View attachment 30488
select sercomm 8221 rtsp from the dropdown menu

scunny

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks again and still no joy. I don't get it. It worked fine for a brief period until a BI restart and it's working fine on 2 other platforms.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you ping the IP address of the camera from your BI computer?