set up foscam with Milestone arcus

ssinseeme

n3wb
Reaction score
hi all,
i have WD cloud dl2100 with arcus milestone. i went through the set up and it detected the camera, but there no live feed? camera connection lost. did anybody set up a foscam with milestone Arcus?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hi all,
i have WD cloud dl2100 with arcus milestone. i went through the set up and it detected the camera, but there no live feed? camera connection lost. did anybody set up a foscam with milestone Arcus?
Welcome to the forum, are you able to reach the camera and watch video via web browser? What camera model?

ssinseeme

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I can use Foscam aap on my iPhone. And I could view also with Vlc and foscam pc software. I set up milestone with the correct port.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I can use Foscam aap on my iPhone. And I could view also with Vlc and foscam pc software. I set up milestone with the correct port.
what port have you used for milestone?

ssinseeme

n3wb
Reaction score
I used at first 554 that what's the default was but that didn't work because I thought that will not match with the port I have my Camera set up. The local IP I use is with port 8090. I tried that in Millstones but the same it lost connection.
Should I use Rtp ever Rtsp. Or Http. Stream mode.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I used at first 554 that what's the default was but that didn't work because I thought that will not match with the port I have my Camera set up. The local IP I use is with port 8090. I tried that in Millstones but the same it lost connection.
Should I use Rtp ever Rtsp. Or Http. Stream mode.
which foscam camera are you using?

ssinseeme

n3wb
Reaction score
No where in setting of the camera is an rtsp port. Do you have this Camera? Or is there in foscam where I can find the Rtsp port?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Try 88. And for the record I tossed my foscams years ago..

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
As I believe the camera is ONVIF compliant, you can query the camera for configuration details and much more with the very good Windows open-source tool ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net
The in-use RTSP port and string are shown at the bottom of the Live Video page.
The ONVIF port (usually 888 on Foscam) is shown at the bottom of the Identification page.

ssinseeme

n3wb
Reaction score
Using your instruction; I get the RTSP port 8090 the same I configured in the setting. The url thought end with 888. I tried both but it's doent work. I tried most web and it work. But not with Arcus. Most the setting I see in youtube and other site the softwar just scans and work. But in my case it doesn't? What else you suggest

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The url thought end with 888
That will be the 'ONVIF port' that would be used instead of the HTTP port when connecting as an ONVIF model.
You have independently confirmed the settings - the only other suggestion would be to change the RTSP port on the camera to the more common 554 just as a shot in the dark. If there is no place to do that in the camera web GUI, maybe ODM would be allowed to do that via the network settings.

ssinseeme

n3wb
Reaction score
I changed the port in the camera to 554 but that didn't work!! It keep saying camera connection lost. Do you guys know how do I get support from Arcus there is no phone one email on there website?? Any other suggestions

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I changed the port in the camera to 554 but that didn't work!! It keep saying camera connection lost. Do you guys know how do I get support from Arcus there is no phone one email on there website?? Any other suggestions
I think you need to get it from WD...i dont think milestone supports Arcus directly.