Set up Hikvision notifications

Da Long

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Hikvision DS7608NIK28P NVR with DS-2CD2355FWD-I cameras. The camera supports face detection.

I want to set the system up in the following way:

- Continous recording 24/7
- NVR flag (basically some line in the NVR software that I can manually review) if motion detection 10 pm - 8 am
- NVR flag+ Email alert (or some other color in NVR) of face detection 8 am - 10 pm.

I am confused on how to set this up. Right now I have, on the NVR:

Storage - Continuous (all day and days)
Event->basic event->Motion->Arming Schedule (10 pm - 8 am) -> Linkage method (Notify surveillance station)
Smart Event->Face detection->Arming schedule (8am-10pm) -> Linkage method (Notify surveillance station + Send Email.

Is this correct?
Do I have to manually change the settings on the specific camera as well, as to mirror the setting on the NVR?

Thanks in advance,
L

Da Long

n3wb
Reaction score
When I look at the NVR software, it says only purple color (continous recoding), but not notifications with other colors for motion or face detection.

Da Long

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I have those options. But I don't know how to set up the cameras.

As I said I want the following:

- Continous recording 24/7
- NVR flag (basically some line in the NVR software that I can manually review) if motion detection 10 pm - 8 am
- NVR flag (basically some line in the NVR software that I can manually review) of face detection 8 am - 10 pm. (BUT not at motion detection)

How do I set this up? The outcomes I manage to get now are either:

a) continuous recording, but no flag at motion detection or face detection
b) recording when motion detection (but I cant get face detection only)

So, perhaps to simplify:

Question 1: Is it possible to record 24/7, but in the NVR software (for example the andorid app) see a color mark for motion detection or face detection?

Question 2: Is it possible to get a notification on the NVR software when there is a face detection (but not motion detection)?

Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Question 1: Is it possible to record 24/7, but in the NVR software (for example the andorid app) see a color mark for motion detection or face detection?
Yes - you will see motion markings on the continuous timeline in the web GUI Playback menu, when in single-camera view, playing or paused, and when you select 'Motion' in the swizzler at the bottom left of the screen.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@alastairstevenson On the camera GUI of the 2335 with firmware 5.5.3 at the playback view, there is no "swizzler" at the bottom left of the screen to select what event type to show at the timeline. Can you please post a picture of what you see and specify camera model and firmware?

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@alastairstevenson My Bad, I misread your "... single-camera view... ". I agree with you. Only in the NVR GUI interface. Unfortunately they do not have it in the camera GUI as well.

Da Long

n3wb
Reaction score
They don't seem to have it in the iVMS-4500 Android app either. This is strange. Seems like a very common and basic functionality.

Also, I am not able to choose "face detection" in the "swizzler". Do you know how to enable this?

Da Long

n3wb
Reaction score
Very strange, so to be clear: there is no way to continously record from the camera, and on the iVMS-4500 Android app see when the camera recorded a movement, or a face?