set up problems with ivms

ilan1h2020

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Trying to set up my cameras on ivms 4200 and running into the following problem. I can see my cameras on the "Maintenance and Management" tab. In fact, when I click on the edit icon I can even see a thumbnail of my camera. The first image is that of the tab, and the second is of the camera itself. I have truncated the image a little so as not to release sensitive information. However, when I go to "Main View" I can not see my cameras without getting a HCNetSDK.dll code 7 error (connection error). If I can actually see my cameras on the Maintenance tab, why can't I see them on the live view?

upload_2019-7-6_18-32-36.pngupload_2019-7-6_18-32-57.png

upload_2019-7-6_18-32-9.png

upload_2019-7-6_18-35-6.png

Attachments

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Which version of iVMS-4200 and what operating system are you running it on? It will help narrow the issue down.

ilan1h2020

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am now running ivms 4200 client v2.8.2.2. Initially I was running a newer version (v3.0 I think) but I uninstalled it and tried this earlier version instead. Neither one worked for me. My PC at home is win 7 professional sp1.

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make and model of the cameras? How are they connected? NVR's PoE ports or PoE injectors to switch? Some additional info would help.

ilan1h2020

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The cameras are hikvision 3MP and are connected to an NVR. I don't know about PoE or injectors (I'm a consumer not a professional). However, after failing to find the solution on this forum I hired some local IT and camera people to solve the problem. After spending about $300 on the issue the problem was fixed. The guy who fixed it explained to me that the port between the router and the camera was "locked". He said that once he "unlocked" that port there was no problem. I can now see my cameras on the cell phone, home computer etc. He mentioned something about port 8000 being locked and his using 8080 instead (or maybe it was the reverse). Anyway, it took him 5 minutes to solve this issue so it was pretty expensive. I appreciate his expertise but may need to find a less expensive guy in the future.