Setting Local NTP Server for Time on G3 Camera?

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Since isolating my cameras from reaching the internet, I noticed that the time stamps are drifting, as they cannot now reach their NTP servers to correct the times. With the AmCrest setup, it is easy to at least log into the camera and click on the "PC Synch" button to change the camera's time. But with the Unifi G3 camera, there is no such synch feature, just an NTP server address. Short of trying to open up the USG routing on this device to reach the remote server on the WAN side, is there a way to configure a service on Win10Pro so that the camera can get its time synch from it on the LAN side?

The default G3 setting for the NTP server is 'pool.ntp.org'.

Any pointers appreciated.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the tutorial!

I had blocked the cameras from reaching the internet out of concern for the one AmCrest camera, which seemed to be chatting a lot on the internet. Wasn't sure if it was cloud storage or what, but out of caution, and not wanting the WAN to reach the cameras, I had created a camera VLAN.

Ford

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
USG has a ntp server built in. Set your ntp server on the cam to the USG's LAN (or VLAN) address. (ie 10.0.0.1).

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Ford, I'll try that.

Update: After tagging the NTP server to the USG IP address, the newer G3 which had the 'uptime' marker now has the timestamp on it, and it matches the PC time exactly. I set the NTP servers on the other two cameras, and so far they are either early or behind by a few seconds.

Last edited: