Setting Profiles

jflip21

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 3 profiles set up, Home, Night and Motion. What I have set up is motion is triggered via geofencing, and that is working good. The issue I am running into is with Night. It won't set the profile to Night, but if I manually set it, it will flip back to Home in the morning when the schedule tells it. Any ideas as to why it won't set it to Night but will set it away from Night?

Thanks

Jason

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 3 profiles set up, Home, Night and Motion. What I have set up is motion is triggered via geofencing, and that is working good. The issue I am running into is with Night. It won't set the profile to Night, but if I manually set it, it will flip back to Home in the morning when the schedule tells it. Any ideas as to why it won't set it to Night but will set it away from Night?

Thanks

Jason
post your settings

jflip21

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for the super delay on this. But, I have this narrowed down somewhat. The profiles seem to switch between day and night fine (1 and 2 in my case), as long as I am not using geofencing (when our phones are away it sets it to 3 to activate alerting). With that said, if I turn off geofencing updates, it works perfect. Any ideas as to what could be causing that?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for the super delay on this. But, I have this narrowed down somewhat. The profiles seem to switch between day and night fine (1 and 2 in my case), as long as I am not using geofencing (when our phones are away it sets it to 3 to activate alerting). With that said, if I turn off geofencing updates, it works perfect. Any ideas as to what could be causing that?
Well it's following your geofence settings.. Check them..

jflip21

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I have it setting profiles by using hold. Should I have it using temp or run? Maybe that is my issue?

upload_2017-2-18_6-40-5.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It should be set to run while inside, if you want it to maintain normal schedule..

jflip21

n3wb
Reaction score
hmm for some reason when I use run, it doesn't change the profiles when we leave/enter the geofence. Any ideas as to what I might have set up wrong?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hmm for some reason when I use run, it doesn't change the profiles when we leave/enter the geofence. Any ideas as to what I might have set up wrong?
run should only be set for when you are home...the away obviously needs to be set to hold or it wont change to the profile your want.