Setting PTZ Presets

TWallace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got a 25x Starlight camera last week and got it setup via Blue Iris. Camera works great, but I found that I can't set the presets in Blue Iris. It says it's setting them, but when I try to go to them it goes to the original camera default position on bootup. So I thought I'd try to set them via the camera config itself. According to the documentation, I should go into the PTZ settings, set the menu option to Preset, move the camera to the desired position, enter the preset number and click Add. However, there is no Add button. No Delete button either, which should be there.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I got a 25x Starlight camera last week and got it setup via Blue Iris. Camera works great, but I found that I can't set the presets in Blue Iris. It says it's setting them, but when I try to go to them it goes to the original camera default position on bootup. So I thought I'd try to set them via the camera config itself. According to the documentation, I should go into the PTZ settings, set the menu option to Preset, move the camera to the desired position, enter the preset number and click Add. However, there is no Add button. No Delete button either, which should be there.

Post a shot of the ptz preset settings screen

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

TWallace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I see the problem now. I was trying to set the preset from the Playback tab. But it's not possible there for some reason. I went to the Setup tab and found PTZ Settings there and was able to add presets.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I see the problem now. I was trying to set the preset from the Playback tab. But it's not possible there for some reason. I went to the Setup tab and found PTZ Settings there and was able to add presets.
Because that is where you run it which preset to run, not create them