Setting up DDNS (no-ip) or other for BI

nutshellml

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I read the web server info didn't quite understand what it meant that BI doesn't need to know the name of your ddns. I have No-Ip running on one of my computers now I want to use it for my BI computer, do I need to do anything special?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I read the web server info didn't quite understand what it meant that BI doesn't need to know the name of your ddns. I have No-Ip running on one of my computers now I want to use it for my BI computer, do I need to do anything special?
All it does is update the no IP service when your public IP changes, I don't even use DNS I just use my IP but then Comcast never changes

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What do you mean by "....I have No-Ip running on one of my computers now" ? Do you mean that 'one of your computers' is running NO-IP's 'DUC' client program that updates your hostname when your IP changes?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just wonderin'....did you work this out? No feedback from you since Fri. 2/3.

nutshellml

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just wonderin'....did you work this out? No feedback from you since Fri. 2/3.
No. Assuming you don't need it w bi as it doesn't accept names instead of Ip. I put it on another computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No. Assuming you don't need it w bi as it doesn't accept names instead of Ip. I put it on another computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blue iris mobile app does accept hostnames...You are not supposed to enter anything in the server.. No purpose for that...