Setting up my Zmodo wifi cameras

StevieA

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys. I purchased 4 Zmodo wifi cameras ZP-IB15H-W. Here is my issue. I purchased these for an event to use for security. Where the event is taking place there is no internet. When I spoke to Zmodo they are telling me that you need internet to use the cameras but I find that hard to believe. Can you guys tell me if what I want to do is possible and if so what other devices do I need. Thanks in advance.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I purchased these for an event to use for security.
What do you need to do with the cameras?
Look at live video on a PC?
Look at live video on a phone?
Look at recorded video on a PC?
Look at recorded video on a phone?
Provide access to video for someone located remotely?
etc
As you have the cameras - have you actually tried them, and what was the result?

StevieA

n3wb
Reaction score
I am looking monitor live feed on a laptop. I did have them working on my phone through the Zmodo App.

StevieA

n3wb
Reaction score
i guess that my question is how do I get them setup using a laptop? Do I need a router? Should I get a NVR and use a monitor? What is easier and better. As you can tell I am very new at this so speak like you are talking to a child lol

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Usually wifi camera needs connect to Internet to video and record. You can read the user specification firstly.
No. That is not the case. Only crap cameras require an unsecured internet connection to a china server.

Reaction score
i guess that my question is how do I get them setup using a laptop? Do I need a router? Should I get a NVR and use a monitor? What is easier and better. As you can tell I am very new at this so speak like you are talking to a child lol
Set them up where you have internet and a smart phone, and assign static IP addresses. That might allow you to access them elsewhere.
Zmodo Knowledge Base - My Camera Talked at Me! How to Setup a Camera using Smartlink

Zmodo Knowledge Base - Troubleshooting Smartlink

rtsp://IPaddress/user=admin_password=tlJwpbo6_channel=1_stream=0.sdp
rtsp://IPaddress/tcp/av0_0