Setting up PC for cam viewing only

thorholt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to set up my dads laptop so he can view the cameras at cabin, The cameras are just IP Cam's that feed into a Dahua DVR so I don't use BI for recording just use it for remote viewing, They are not running on a Blue Iris computer that is left running all the time so I can't use the ui from BI.
I got BI set up and running on his pc but it is too easy for him to click on the wrong icon and he can't figure out how to get back to where he started, He is 93 so he isn't going to learn any new tricks either, Is there a "Viewer" mode somewhere in there I haven't found or a better way to accomplish this on BI? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to set up my dads laptop so he can view the cameras at cabin, The cameras are just IP Cam's that feed into a Dahua DVR so I don't use BI for recording just use it for remote viewing, They are not running on a Blue Iris computer that is left running all the time so I can't use the ui from BI.
I got BI set up and running on his pc but it is too easy for him to click on the wrong icon and he can't figure out how to get back to where he started, He is 93 so he isn't going to learn any new tricks either, Is there a "Viewer" mode somewhere in there I haven't found or a better way to accomplish this on BI? Thanks
Why use BI at all, why not use dahau pss or just the browser right to the nvr