Setting Vacation Schedule

MrCourtney

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a vacation profile set up.
PC is on a fresh UPS.
BIOS is set to restart after a power failure (in case it outlasts the UPS).
Password removed so it will boot directly to the desktop.
BI is set (and tested) to start up automatically after a reboot.
Check for BI updates is *off* so it won't hang on that dialog box waiting for a response.

Think I got it all, except ---
How do I select the Vacation profile so it stays in place the entire week I'm gone? I don't want BI cycling to the other profiles I have set up but stay with vacation (which has all 9 cameras and alerts primed 24/7) ?
Just select it from the upper right and go?

Thanks for your advice.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to click on the profile twice so that the universal no sign is displayed on the left...that means hold vs temp. Alternatively, you can set the temp profile time to 10080 minuets (one week)...on the newest version this is in the profile tab of blue iris options...on older versions its in the schedule tab.

MrCourtney

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fenderman to the rescue!
Thanks. That wasn't covered (or I couldn't find it) in the BI help file. Setting the temp profile time to the long number seems best in case I have a reboot.
Much appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman to the rescue!
Thanks. That wasn't covered (or I couldn't find it) in the BI help file. Setting the temp profile time to the long number seems best in case I have a reboot.
Much appreciated.
The hold should remain after a reboot as well. Also, you can monitor everything via the mobile app..