Setup Hikvision NVR with i-vms 4200

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I got most of my cameras and my NVR and tried setting things up today. I was able to add the cameras themselves directly to the I-VMS 4200 software but I cant add the NVR for whatever reason. I want to hook the cameras up to the POE ports on the NVR, so I really need to just add the NVR to the software.

1) How do I setup the NVR? The IP address is like some weird and won't let me change it.
2) Do I have to first setup the NVR by itself or can I just use the software on PC?
3) How do you turn off the beeps on the NVR?

I have 7716N-E4/16P.

Thanks

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
1) Plug a monitor and mouse in. Easiest way to start.
2) Do it by itself first because you are having issues with logging in with PC
3) Install and initialise a HDD
4) Type IP address into iVMS. Job Done.

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I hooked it up to a TV and cant login. The password is not the default 12345 or 123456. Im trying the reset process but I don't see the box to put the code you get in VMS4200 or the SADP program anymore.

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So it appears that my NVR I received might not be brand new and someone else set up their own password. I can't get the password reset to work using the tool from on here. Anyone have any suggestions? I tried emailing Hikvision support but Im guessing their response will be that they don't provide support for Chinese NVR's in the US.......

hereu

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The latest NVR (UK spec) is...

ID - admin

Password - Admin4321

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The latest NVR (UK spec) is...

ID - admin

Password - Admin4321
It shouldn't be. The latest NVR (UK spec) is no user, no password. You "activate" it on first use and set the password then. If your NVR is new and on v3.3.2 or later and has a password then it isn't new. OK if the place you bought it from has tested it before delivery I guess.

hereu

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It shouldn't be. The latest NVR (UK spec) is no user, no password. You "activate" it on first use and set the password then. If your NVR is new and on v3.3.2 or later and has a password then it isn't new. OK if the place you bought it from has tested it before delivery I guess.
Maybe they do it to install the hard drive. It is from one of the 4 main UK distributors and it still asks you to set up your password when you first start up. All the recent ones I've had from them have been the same and I presumed it was a Hikvision thing.

Sorry for misleading anyone.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Maybe they do it to install the hard drive. It is from one of the 4 main UK distributors and it still asks you to set up your password when you first start up. All the recent ones I've had from them have been the same and I presumed it was a Hikvision thing.

Sorry for misleading anyone.
No need to apologise for trying to help!

Yes, it'll be because the HDD being initialised requires a login.