Shed corner camera that looks both sides?

dinmasta

n3wb
Reaction score
As the Subject says im looking for a solution being newer to security camera's. I want a IP dome camera, now not sure if a wide angle camera could do it or not but i want to attach it under the overhang of a shed, it sticks out of the corner and id like to face it toward the corner of the shed so it looks down the side and the front of the shed. maybe there is a dome camera that has two lenses one looking side and the other front directions. not sure if that's possible.. or just go with a face dome on two sides to face outward instead. reasoning for dome is that its not that high and i don't want them to get vandalized. thanks for the info!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As the Subject says im looking for a solution being newer to security camera's. I want a IP dome camera, now not sure if a wide angle camera could do it or not but i want to attach it under the overhang of a shed, it sticks out of the corner and id like to face it toward the corner of the shed so it looks down the side and the front of the shed. maybe there is a dome camera that has two lenses one looking side and the other front directions. not sure if that's possible.. or just go with a face dome on two sides to face outward instead. reasoning for dome is that its not that high and i don't want them to get vandalized. thanks for the info!
dont use domes...use turrets...just as durable with respect to vandals and will not have reflection issues...
you wont want to pay for dual lens cameras...buy two..

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
dinmasta,

Welcome to the forum! Lotsa great info here. Lotsa experts willing to give guidance.
That said, lotsa identical newbie questions asked and asked. The experts get fatigued answering the similar questions over and over.
"Search" is your friend. Newbie questions have been asked and answered before.
And "Search" is faster than asking the same-old question, and then waiting/hoping for a reply.
I was a newbie, and learned this the hard way.

Fenderman gives good guidance. And his answers will likely lead to new questions from you. So here's some threads to check:
Dome vs. Bullet
Is this correct camera position?
Camera Recommendations for Basic Outdoor Usage
Decent dome camera with wide FOV?
Hikvision, focal length, angle of view and other lies

Again, welcome to our forum. Do your due diligence with research, ask specific questions, and you'll get some great answers! And don't forget to "Like" answers - give one to Fenderman. He has more than anyone!

Fastb

dinmasta

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks for the replies, sorry about not searching before posting. been looking and looking so i thought i would ask not thinking.

Great answers, what if i said the shed was only 7-8ft high being mounted under the overhang of it so it would be in grabbing range for sure. would you still recommend a turret vs a dome? from what i see they can be moved and pointed after mounting them. I don't think it would bother me too much because ill have motion zones etc to be notified if it is moved.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks for the replies, sorry about not searching before posting. been looking and looking so i thought i would ask not thinking.

Great answers, what if i said the shed was only 7-8ft high being mounted under the overhang of it so it would be in grabbing range for sure. would you still recommend a turret vs a dome? from what i see they can be moved and pointed after mounting them. I don't think it would bother me too much because ill have motion zones etc to be notified if it is moved.
I cannot stress this enough, domes and turrets are no different with respect to vandalism...any quality turret will be secured with a set screw, it cannot be moved....turrets offer lots of advantages, use them...
also note that anyone that can grab your camera can easily disable it anyway with a can of spray anything or any sticky substance, cream etc......dont overthink it..

Paulx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
With respect, may I suggest that you have cameras watching your cameras. I need to add more cameras to my house, but the two I have up now watch my front door. One to the left and one to the right. You cant touch one without the other picking you up. Kind of a cross fire set up. Kind of hard to disable one without being recorded by the other one. Just a suggestion.