Shot in the dark but...has anyone got iVMS-4500 to work with an Amazon Fire HD tab

japjoe7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got it installed and configured with my device but when launching live view it crashes. Any ideas? Use a different app?

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I use tinycam pro which works great , i did side load that ivms4500 but its all fugly I may play with it again to test out.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I would imagine you can root the Fire and load it, but I could be wrong.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you never need to root any android to install software; just sideload it if the device dont use the google play store..

ie, download the .apk, transfer it to the device and run it..

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I side load blue iris, it looks fine, it seemed to give me options I don't have of my phone like it detected it's on a tablet

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
you never need to root any android to install software; just sideload it if the device dont use the google play store..

ie, download the .apk, transfer it to the device and run it..
True, just make sure unknown sources is selected. Rooting is worth it though ;)

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I use ES file explorer to "backup" the program and FTP it to the other device

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Scalesusa

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you side load it, or is there an Amazon version?
I see the same issue. I have five Kindles (4 older Fire HD 8.9) in various locations running IP Cam viewer which works fine, but is very slow, so I'm looking for a faster solution. They run on different hot spots, its not the wi-fi thats slow. I think that IP cam viewer is slow.

I was considering blue iris, but when testing the login by browser, its awful, I don't know if the Mobile App will even run on those older units, much less have a useful display.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I see the same issue. I have five Kindles (4 older Fire HD 8.9) in various locations running IP Cam viewer which works fine, but is very slow, so I'm looking for a faster solution. They run on different hot spots, its not the wi-fi thats slow. I think that IP cam viewer is slow.

I was considering blue iris, but when testing the login by browser, its awful, I don't know if the Mobile App will even run on those older units, much less have a useful display.
The blue iris mobile app is very different than the browser... There is also an alternative web interface available by bp2008..

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
you can do the BI web page in android, or buy the app for $10 and load it on all the devices

Scalesusa

n3wb
Reaction score
I was able to get tiny camera to run on my Kindle Fire HD 8 (latest version) and it works great. Unfortunately, it will not run on those older Kindle Fire HD 8.9 inch units. Rooting them is beyond my skill level, and I suspect that the older hardware is still going to be limited. I don't mind paying for software that works, I have never found any info about the capabilities of the blue Iris mobile, or if it will even run on those old Kindles when side loaded. I'll look at the alternative web interface. The Remote Kindles all run locally, so a web setup is a waste. I have a iphone I use for a web interface that connects to my qnap NAS. However, those old Kindles will not run the Qnas app or ivms4500.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I was able to get tiny camera to run on my Kindle Fire HD 8 (latest version) and it works great. Unfortunately, it will not run on those older Kindle Fire HD 8.9 inch units. Rooting them is beyond my skill level, and I suspect that the older hardware is still going to be limited. I don't mind paying for software that works, I have never found any info about the capabilities of the blue Iris mobile, or if it will even run on those old Kindles when side loaded. I'll look at the alternative web interface. The Remote Kindles all run locally, so a web setup is a waste. I have a iphone I use for a web interface that connects to my qnap NAS. However, those old Kindles will not run the Qnas app or ivms4500.
I've got bi app running on a Kindle fire HD, it lets you view cams, get alerts change traffic signal, view alert footage, control cameras, listen to mics, on and on and on

Scalesusa

n3wb
Reaction score
Now, after several days of sitting doing nothing, my trial of BI expired. Its not as though I don't have software running, everything I have works, but the cam viewer app is slow, so I'm looking for something better. The problem is that I'm learning as I go, and that can get expensive if I buy a lot of stuff that does not play well together. I bought two Hikvision PTZ IP cameras and they work well, I have them connected to my Qnap NAS but the Qnap Mobile app does not run on the kindles. In order to run BI, I'd dedicate a pc that runs 24/7 out in my shop with battery backup. BI ran great with just the two cams, less than 10% CPU. However, since I did not have the app, I tried the lan interface. The control panel took up 1/3 of the screen, and the two cam images were side by side and little bigger than postage stamps. I have the streaming server running with IVMS 4200 but I know of no other way to access the stream on my Kindles than IVMS 4500 which doesn't work for them.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Now, after several days of sitting doing nothing, my trial of BI expired. Its not as though I don't have software running, everything I have works, but the cam viewer app is slow, so I'm looking for something better. The problem is that I'm learning as I go, and that can get expensive if I buy a lot of stuff that does not play well together. I bought two Hikvision PTZ IP cameras and they work well, I have them connected to my Qnap NAS but the Qnap Mobile app does not run on the kindles. In order to run BI, I'd dedicate a pc that runs 24/7 out in my shop with battery backup. BI ran great with just the two cams, less than 10% CPU. However, since I did not have the app, I tried the lan interface. The control panel took up 1/3 of the screen, and the two cam images were side by side and little bigger than postage stamps. I have the streaming server running with IVMS 4200 but I know of no other way to access the stream on my Kindles than IVMS 4500 which doesn't work for them.
You have something very wrong if the two cams were the size of postage stamps...

Scalesusa

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd sure like to know what options are available for the BI page that is accessed from a browser. I tried everything I could think of to change it, but it seemed to be a fixed layout.

The two Cam images on the screen are placed side by side in a area ~2/3 of the screen. The screen is about 6.5 inches on the longest edge, so about 4 inches or so was devoted to images, or about 2 inches for the width of each. In portrait mode, the menu moves out of the way so the resultant images are still about 1.5 inches high by 2 wide. Of course, I can show just one image and it will expand to take up the 4 inch width, but when viewing two, they are far smaller than tiny cam or ip cam viewer which lets the images stack one above the other and has no menu so they fill the entire screen. I don't know if I could post a comparison photo. My BI demo expired yesterday, so, unless I install it on a different pc, I can't show that.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd sure like to know what options are available for the BI page that is accessed from a browser. I tried everything I could think of to change it, but it seemed to be a fixed layout.

The two Cam images on the screen are placed side by side in a area ~2/3 of the screen. The screen is about 6.5 inches on the longest edge, so about 4 inches or so was devoted to images, or about 2 inches for the width of each. In portrait mode, the menu moves out of the way so the resultant images are still about 1.5 inches high by 2 wide. Of course, I can show just one image and it will expand to take up the 4 inch width, but when viewing two, they are far smaller than tiny cam or ip cam viewer which lets the images stack one above the other and has no menu so they fill the entire screen. I don't know if I could post a comparison photo. My BI demo expired yesterday, so, unless I install it on a different pc, I can't show that.
What browse were you using?..you can go full screen and not even see the clips list...you were doing something wrong..do you think we are all looking at tiny images? Come on...
or you can use this modified page
I made a better remote-live-view page