Should i buy this?

von101

n3wb
Reaction score
A guy over on ebay is selling a hikvision mini ptz for a cheap price, brand new. He is just and end user selling this cam and claims he is not an expert. I sent several questions about if this an overseas international, FW upgradable version. He replied he does not know what that means. i told him to run SADP as well so we can confirm the serial. he just doesn't have the knowledge or is unwilling to do so. but he stated that he never installed it and it comes in red and white box with and English user manual. he also sent images of the serial no. on the box and cam.C an anyone here determine what region/language? thanks

I noticed the letter C in the serial. Does that stand for Chinese?

Attachments

von101

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes i looked up the model. The "C" in the serial no. (images) just put me off. i have other cams by Hik ( English and upgradable) but there SN were all numbers no "C" at the start. I was hoping someone here who have this particular model if they can confirm that theirs contain a C or not

Cfwiggum

n3wb
Reaction score
I can confirm mine has a C and is in English. I don't know for sure if it's upgradeable because it's already on the latest (as far as I can tell.)

Attachments

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Don't worry about the C.

Looks like Hikvision is run out of numbers with their "9 digits" serial number scheme, so they have thrown a letter on the front now, I have seen many devices with C.

von101

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks
Don't worry about the C.

Looks like Hikvision is run out of numbers with their "9 digits" serial number scheme, so they have thrown a letter on the front now, I have seen many devices with C.
thanks, i think i will certainly buy now. my concerns have been addressed

tne7laa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have also an ‘AliExpress’ camera. It is an ‘overseas’ version. Everything works and can select languages.
Only strange thing is also the C in front of the serial number. When I try to register the camera on hik-connect it does not recognize the serial. I think that the overseas ‘C’ cameras maybe are not entirely the real thing? Also on my older cams there is a verification code which the new cam has not. But... I’m not an expert in this...
Everything else (box, manual, etc ) are in correct English and look original Hikvision.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Only strange thing is also the C in front of the serial number. When I try to register the camera on hik-connect it does not recognize the serial. I think that the overseas ‘C’ cameras maybe are not entirely the real thing? Also on my older cams there is a verification code which the new cam has not. But... I’m not an expert in this...
It is case sensitive, you need to puc "C" when entering the serial number, not "c".
It has been a long time since there is no default verification code. Now P2P access always comes disabled as default, when you enable it, it will make you create your verification code.

tne7laa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It is case sensitive, you need to puc "C" when entering the serial number, not "c".
It has been a long time since there is no default verification code. Now P2P access always comes disabled as default, when you enable it, it will make you create your verification code.
Thanks. I will try next time. I’m a rookie.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

tne7laa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
An another extended question. I’m looking for an NVR. Maybe an Hikvision because I use 2 Hikvision cameras (also Foscam). I’m looking for the model DS-7604NI-K1. When I’m looking in AliExpress they have them also as ‘Original Overseas version’ and are much cheaper.
I did read some posts on forum to buy the original from Hikvision resellers due firmware hacks/problems.

Someone has comments about that?
(Maybe another band than Hikvision?)

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I bought 3 nvrs 2018 they have c in the serial number too all with the latest
Firmware and updatable
Just add the c when entering the serial number for Hik-Connect that got me for a second as I was always use to adding just the numbers