Sibell Technology Cameras

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Sibell Technology cameras? SecurityCameraKing.com seems to be selling a bunch of these models and the specs look decent. More about Sibell is here: Sibell High Definition Video Technology | Sibell Technology. Sorry to be such a NOOB but I am trying to figure out the best cameras for my DIY setup. Thanks.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Since your so new to all this why don't you head over to Nelly's Security - The webs top source for New Security Cameras, Analog Surveillance Systems, and High Definition IP Systems. - Nelly's Security

Nelly's Security is a site sponsor and sells quality hardware with great tech support and warranty. They also can help walk you though configuring a system that will fit your needs. Your bouncing all over Amazon and the Internet honestly prob. won't end well. The most discussed Higher end DIY accessible brands on this forum are HIKVision and Dahua, anything else has mixed reviews or can be hit and miss. Sooooo, head on over to Nelly's and see what you find and what they can do for you :)

I honestly think this is the best way to assure you get a quality system for a fair price due to your level of comfort and experience.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I've had good experience with Nelly's and security camera king as well. The sibell line is likely too cheap to be worth it. Their rebranded dahua line is their elite series. Nelly's is where you want to go for hikvision gear. I've had great support from both vendors. It comes down to a preference between dahua or hikvision with these two vendors and if you're gonna use an nvr it's better to stick with one brand. Blue iris is popular here too and you can mix and match cameras more easily with that. Any of this gear is kind of a crap shoot- it all can be glitchy. After the novelty of getting a good system in place wears off all you really want is for the damn stuff to work 24/7/365 without too much work from you keeping it working. Choose quality cameras, quality hard drives and a quality brain keeping it all working and you might just catch a crook, or a whole bunch of spiders lol.

Last edited:
Reaction score
OK it is good to know that Security Camera King's elite series is Dahua. Definitely helpful info. I'll look to Nelly's if I choose Hikvision which I know is what the Swann system I almost bought uses (or used to use - hard to track this stuff). All things told I probably would have saved a few $$$ going with an all-in one Swann POE system with their 3 MP Hikvision cameras ($499 at both Sam's Club and eBay direct from Swann) given that it came with an 8 channel DVR and a 2 TB HD but this DIY stuff is more fun anyway. I am already in for a bit under $300 with my monster 24 port Netgear POE switch (replacing fans cost me another $50 beyond the $100 I paid b/c I messed up one of the cable replacing them - long story) and the SFF PC with the 2 TB drive I bought + UPS so my wife would have probably preferred a cheaper alternative. I suspect the 5 cameras I want + Blue Iris will be $400 or so (not including install) but then I control everything and can upgrade as I choose. As long as those spiders are scared this has to be better than my new Ring Doorbell 720P camera (ick). Thanks for all the advice so far - great group!

Reaction score
Speaking of Security Camera King does anyone know what the Sibell line is a rebrand of or does it not matter because the quality sucks?

I have also seen AliExpress mentioned a few times here so should I check them out also?

At the end of the day it sounds like I should stick with Dahua or Hikvision (or rebranded versions) but beyond that are there any other brands or sale sites I should review?

Speaking of Hikvision I can pick up the 3 MP Swann Cameras (rebranded) direct from Swann but I am curious whether anyone has used these with BI. I have read some stuff that says these Swann cameras have odd admin passwords set and that Swann won't tell you what they are (although I'm sure that can't be hard to find out here).

I am also curious about whether the firmware is different for Swann branded Hikvision cameras and whether that will be an issue. Ebay listing is here (I am fine with refurb direct from Swann): Swann SWNHD-815CAM-US NHD-815 3MP Super HD Security Camera w 100ft Night Vision | eBay. The Swann items do seem to come and go a bit on eBay but with patience I think I can get a quality refurb with a full warranty (they also sell 4 packs and 4 MP cameras which I think are Hikivision as well but I am not 100% sure - I guess I can try them out).

FYI - here is the Swann 4 MP 4 pack currently showing limited quantities (new not refurb): http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-4-PACK-Swann-CONHD-A4MPB4-US-NHD-818-4MP-Super-HD-Bullet-Security-Camera-/291908771923j

The general Swann ebay store is here: swann-store on eBay

Thanks again.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Those swanns are not hikvision... only some are...look for turret form factor

Dr Noisewater

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Adding to your questions/comments about Sibell Security - I had a local security company come to my new house and submit a bid. I did this for educational purposes mainly even though I love the Dahua cameras and will be using those. In any event, he told me he has his own line of security cameras and that he sells to everyone in the South East lol - I knew what he was saying although I remained quiet and let him finish the sales pitch. When I got the estimate he included the following equipment which I attached. Its all Sibell cameras. Maybe this post will help others. 1.jpg

I just want to add that without this forum I might have not picked up on this sort of situation. So thank you to everyone.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@Steve Cerrato

It's always "Interesting" to see some peoples quotes. Some quotes overly break things down and others are way to vague. The simple fact of how "inexpensive" these cameras are on the quote should tell you something - this means he's prob. paying sub $50 for them. Also the fact he's broken out "Materials" into 2 groups, and "labor" into 2 groups. I'm also surprised by the multiple POE switches and standard switch - 3 switches for this job(?). Does make me smirk that even fittings got their own line item for $6.

At any rate, I don't want to knock the quote, as it is detailed better than some I've seen, but at the same time it almost opens up a LOT more questions then it answers.

So in the end $2,119.20 for a 10 camera, 16 channel NVR, 4TB HD (which is WAY over priced), 2 POE Switches, 1 Switch, and all material and labor. - It's a "Fair" quote for the work and amount of equipment, but it's crappy equipment is the problem.

Thanks for Posting!!

Reaction score
Wow - that was a very interesting pricing break down. The cams seem to be around the retail price at Security Camera King - in fact the bullet is exactly the same price. I suspect the installer is making very little margin on most of the hardware (except for the crazy markup on the hard drive and the odd addition of 3 switches that also appear overpriced). That 3MP bullet is exactly the price on SCK - 3MP Economy Sibell IP 3.3-12mm Varifocal Bullet Camera with IR - IPOB-SB3IREV.

On a side note - has anyone purchased Dahua hardware from Omni Security on eBay? I like that they have Dahua with English firmware and ship expedited to the US in about 10 days. I also love the Dahua folks on here that really understand those cams so it seems like a no brainer to go with Dahua.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Take a look at the 2mp starlight thread and catch a link to Andy's Ali store. Email him to confirm he has in stock what you want and request a PayPal invoice. As long as he has current stock you get the gear in a week at the best price you can find. For dahua, I would only invest in the 2mp starlight series. I have dahua 3mp 4300's and compared, the 2mp starlight cameras are superior. The image sensor is way better. I wouldn't buy anything else dahua at this time having used the starlight cameras.

Reaction score
Yeah - I am considering a starlight as the main camera in our backyard. Looking at the 3.6mm IPC-HFW4431M-AS-I1. I just read some reviews on this camera via the 2MP thread. Seems like a good 4MP version. Thanks.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Denny - go look at the Dahua Starlight Thread and utilize @EMPIRETECANDY and one of their AE stores if you want quality Dahua quick. I'm sorry, but you keep throwing out all these "Have you heard of" or "Has anyone purchased" type questions, but if you would look around the forum for a few minutes you'd find some GREAT and AMAZING references and endorsements to quality sellers and hardware.

If you want advice, go with whats been discussed and proven tried and true here.

Just my 2 cents.

Reaction score
Yeah thanks Zero. Trying to get up to speed as quickly as possible but there is a LOT of info to digest and some of these threads are 30+ pages long. Since I am learning I tend to ask tons of questions even though I have read many of these threads and quite a few reviews. Always looking for the best info so I really appreciate this forum.

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Sibell Technology cameras? SecurityCameraKing.com seems to be selling a bunch of these models and the specs look decent. More about Sibell is here: Sibell High Definition Video Technology | Sibell Technology. Sorry to be such a NOOB but I am trying to figure out the best cameras for my DIY setup. Thanks.
The Sibell is great, extremely easy to use and easy to set up. The app on your phone is super sweet,you can jump from low-resolution to high-resolution depending on your speed on your Internet with one click of a button, you can even do play back without any extra set up. It very nice very clean and especially easy and you definitely cannot beat the pricing. And it's all unbranded so if you are trying to sell it you can make a great profit and still be extremely fair with a customer.