Sick Starlight?

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just noticed that my Starlight IPC-HFW4239T-ASE has stopped triggering. It won't even trigger with the "trigger now" command. I bought it in mid-January from Andy. I tried cycling power. Any other ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just noticed that my Starlight IPC-HFW4239T-ASE has stopped triggering. It won't even trigger with the "trigger now" command. I bought it in mid-January from Andy. I tried cycling power. Any other ideas?
There is nothing wrong with the camera, it's user error, the camera doesn't even have a trigger now command. You're confusing the camera with blue iris.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you saying that Blue Iris is the problem and not the camera?
Probably considering that it sounds like you have blue iris doing the motion detection and you are trying to trigger it with blue iris. Blue iris is getting the camera feed there's nothing wrong with the camera. Delete the camera and add it back.

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It isn't clear to me what functions are provided by the camera and which ones Blue Iris merely provides an interface to. Certainly the camera has onboard motion detection and even face detection.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
For the most part, the camera just provides a video stream. The camera has full control over this stream (resolution, frame rate, i-frame interval, video codec, whether or not audio is included, etc). In most situations Blue Iris does not use the camera's built-in motion detection or AI features.

So when you have a problem with recording triggers not working, it is almost certainly a problem with the Blue Iris config.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It isn't clear to me what functions are provided by the camera and which ones Blue Iris merely provides an interface to. Certainly the camera has onboard motion detection and even face detection.
As noted, unless you set blue iris to use the cameras motion detection which you have not, it wont work.