Signal Loss

sparky3

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Hikvision NVR with several cameras connected and have been using IVMS-4200 with the NVR. I wanted to use Blue Iris to view my cameras because I like the interface and the way the program works.

I installed Blue Iris and connected my NVR without a problem.

My problem is this, the cameras come on when I start Blue Iris but they will be on for only 10 seconds then the live stream stops and then it will say Signal Loss. It goes a few seconds then it will connect again and go live for another 10 seconds and it will repeat this cycle over and over again.

I connected a separate camera on my network without using the NVR and the camera stays live and does not lose the signal.

Does anybody know what would cause the Blue Iris to lose the signal and then come back on, go live then have a signal loss and keep cycling through when using this program? This does not happen with IVMS-4200 program. Is there something that needs to be set with either the NVR or Blue Iris?

Thanks for your help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Hikvision NVR with several cameras connected and have been using IVMS-4200 with the NVR. I wanted to use Blue Iris to view my cameras because I like the interface and the way the program works.

I installed Blue Iris and connected my NVR without a problem.

My problem is this, the cameras come on when I start Blue Iris but they will be on for only 10 seconds then the live stream stops and then it will say Signal Loss. It goes a few seconds then it will connect again and go live for another 10 seconds and it will repeat this cycle over and over again.

I connected a separate camera on my network without using the NVR and the camera stays live and does not lose the signal.

Does anybody know what would cause the Blue Iris to lose the signal and then come back on, go live then have a signal loss and keep cycling through when using this program? This does not happen with IVMS-4200 program. Is there something that needs to be set with either the NVR or Blue Iris?

Thanks for your help.
Most likely the NVR is choking at sending that many streams to blue iris..
With ivms it's sending the sub streams unless you take a camera to full screen...
The best solution is to use a p o e switch... Then stream to the NVR and to Blue Iris

sparky3

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
I have tried setting up the NVR with just one camera connected and blue iris still loses the Signal. When using ivms I can connect all cameras on main stream and it has no issues and does not lose the signal. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
I have tried setting up the NVR with just one camera connected and blue iris still loses the Signal. When using ivms I can connect all cameras on main stream and it has no issues and does not lose the signal. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.
What profile are you using in blue iris for the NVR?
Try disconnecting all but one camera from the NVR

sparky3

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I have tried all the profiles listed under Hikvision and I have tried just connecting one camera from the NVR, same results.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I have tried all the profiles listed under Hikvision and I have tried just connecting one camera from the NVR, same results.
try streaming rtsp to vlc, and see if it does the same.

sparky3

n3wb
Reaction score
When I open Blue Iris my cameras connected to the NVR come on right away with live video. It stays live for 10 seconds then it will freeze and say No Signal and then about 20 seconds later they come back on live and continues this cycle. I just don't know what would cause this.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When I open Blue Iris my cameras connected to the NVR come on right away with live video. It stays live for 10 seconds then it will freeze and say No Signal and then about 20 seconds later they come back on live and continues this cycle. I just don't know what would cause this.
email support

sparky3

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I did yesterday but still have not received a reply. I want to thank you for trying to help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I did yesterday but still have not received a reply. I want to thank you for trying to help.
Does the signal ever return if you leave it?
Also for testing purposes disable all antivirus and firewall.

sparky3

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I tried turning off my firewall. The signal loss will cycle, it comes on for about 10 seconds - then freezes and about 20 seconds later it comes back on live. I left this go for an hour yesterday and it just keeps going through its cycle of coming on and off.
The signal loss is not erratic it is consistently on and off all the time.

Anthony A.

n3wb
Reaction score
Mine was doing the same thing until I changed camera setting to h264 recording for main & substream. No issues since then. Late post but might help someone in the future.