Simple live view for Tablet

Reaction score
Wondering if someone has done this already and can share the code hence saving me the trouble of putting the code together myself.

I want a simple UI3 camera overview webpage for a mounted tablet to display live view at home. The page should display nothing but the cameras (or preferably a camera group), with the ability to touch/select each camera making it the main camera view (replaces the page with a single camera view of the selected camera) and touch/select again to return to the overview camera. That's it !!

I know I'll probably get replies to say the normal UI3 webpage does exactly this but I want to remove all BI/UI3 controls, tabs, heads-up display etc. and just leave the camera views alone which doesn't seems possible in the normal config settings.

I've looked in the BI www folder and found a few .htm files but nothing is exactly what I'm after. The "camsonly.htm" is the kind of overview I'm looking for but the initial cameras in the view is fixed (to all cameras) and in the view the cameras can't be selected. The "iphone.htm" is close but the camera selection is a dropdown text box and not a tap/click.

Can't believe someone hasn't needed to do this or something similar already.

Thanks in advance for helpful replies

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can't believe someone hasn't needed to do this or something similar already.
They have.

Use the following URL in your browser (you can create a desktop shortcut to it):
Code:
http://BI-Server-IP:BI-Server-Port/ui3.htm?group=groupname&maximize=1
or with authentication (in BI "settings"=>"web server"="advanced", insure "use secure session keys and login page" is NOT checked):

Code:
http://BI-Server-IP:BI-Server-Port/ui3.htm?group=groupname&maximize=1&user=username&pw=password
In either URL sub "index" in place of "groupname" for all cams.

BTW, this info can be found in UI3's built-in "Help" ; when in full screen (hit "ESC" key) click on the 3 dots at upper right corner, go to "more topics" =>
"URL parameters". :cool:

EDIT: your post reminds me of yours a year ago ==>> Cameras only live feed display , which I answered, FWIW.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry, should have mentioned I tried this as already found it in the manual but it only starts the view as I want it and leaves menu in the bottom right hand corner so you can easily bring back the full UI3 view with menus. What I'm after is almost a lockdown display with only the ability to view the cameras and nothing else (no menus full stop)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And this is on an iPad, just a bluebird box cam, which is empty right now. To get rid of the browser tools /favs at top (a simple touch of F11 on a PC with Chrome browser) on an iPad with Safari, create a home screen with the "box with up arrow", then "Add to Home Screen" and when that icon is tapped it'll open Safari to UI3 full screen with no tools, menus, etc.

iPad-ui3_092522.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
"C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --start-fullscreen 192.168.0.10:81/ui3.htm?maximize=1

We use the above, along with auto logon and starting the above, on our RCA tablets.
On this Win 7 spare PC I had to add "(x86)" to the path after Program Files but that works great. Toggle with F11 for top bar to appear or hide.
Created a shortcut with "location" as :

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --start-fullscreen 192.168.1.239:81/ui3.htm?&maximize=1&user=username&pw=password

Reaction score
When the tablet fully loads, automatically, this is what it looks like.

View attachment 140916
Sorry but think you (and others) are all missing the point. I know I can get the tablet to display a camera only view (exactly as I want and in your screenshot above) but as soon as you touch the display the menu appears and you can change things (or at least it does on my tablet). In fact if I play around enough I can bring back the full UI3 menus, tabs etc.
I want to totally remove the display or ability to display any menus hence the ability to change the configuration from curious fingers . Therefore the ability to adjust the bitrate and other things.
I basically just want cameras and the ability to switch to a camera view by touching them which is exactly what I get currently but it also displays the menu !

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry but think you (and others) are all missing the point. I know I can get the tablet to display a camera only view (exactly as I want and in your screenshot above) but as soon as you touch the display the menu appears and you can change things (or at least it does on my tablet). In fact if I play around enough I can bring back the full UI3 menus, tabs etc.
I want to totally remove the display or ability to display any menus hence the ability to change the configuration from curious fingers . Therefore the ability to adjust the bitrate and other things.
I basically just want cameras and the ability to switch to a camera view by touching them which is exactly what I get currently but it also displays the menu !
When the UI3 interface is set to full screen and you are viewing the main camera overview screen, you can select an individual camera and it will change to that feed still in full screen mode. This means that none of the menus, controls, etc are shown. Of course someone can get out of full screen mode and see the menus and controls, etc. I don't think there is a way to prevent that completely, but you can remove certain elements of the UI by going into UI Settings and unchecking options listed under "Top Bar", "Clips and Alerts", removing hot keys options, etc, etc, etc.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In addition, create a BI user account for that device that doesn't give them any privileges, so even if they do show, they will be greyed out and not available.

Reaction score
Yes I am using the maximize url parameter currently (as stated above) and it does give exactly as I described I want except as soon as I touch the screen to select a camera (or return to the overview) the menu is displayed and you are able to access it. I wanted to prevent the menu displaying full stop (to prevent tinkering).

From what I’m hearing here it doesn’t sound as if it’s possible without changing code myself.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes I am using the maximize url parameter currently (as stated above) and it does give exactly as I described I want except as soon as I touch the screen to select a camera (or return to the overview) the menu is displayed and you are able to access it. I wanted to prevent the menu displaying full stop (to prevent tinkering).

From what I’m hearing here it doesn’t sound as if it’s possible without changing code myself.
I don't know why you are experiencing seeing the menus. When my tablet is in "maximize" mode (which it starts in based on my url code), the menus are not visible and they do not appear when I change to another camera or return to the overview. To be able to see the menus, I have to activate the window (by pressing somewhere on the sceen) which brings up some icons located in the bottom right corner of the screen and then click on the [ ] maximize screen icon. Only then do my menus appear. Otherwise I can choose different cameras to display, cycle through the cameras, go to the overview screen, etc etc etc all without seeing any menus. It get back into maximize mode, I again click on the [ ] icon to make the menus disappear until I press the [ ] icon again.

I am using a variety of Android devices - Amazon Fire and other manufacture's tablets, phones, etc.

Reaction score
I don't know why you are experiencing seeing the menus. When my tablet is in "maximize" mode (which it starts in based on my url code), the menus are not visible and they do not appear when I change to another camera or return to the overview. To be able to see the menus, I have to activate the window (by pressing somewhere on the sceen) which brings up some icons located in the bottom right corner of the screen and then click on the [ ] maximize screen icon. Only then do my menus appear. Otherwise I can choose different cameras to display, cycle through the cameras, go to the overview screen, etc etc etc all without seeing any menus. It get back into maximize mode, I again click on the [ ] icon to make the menus disappear until I press the [ ] icon again.

I am using a variety of Android devices - Amazon Fire and other manufacture's tablets, phones, etc.
What you've described is exactly the behaviour I currently have but I want to remove the [ ] icon from appearing therefore remove the ability to activate any menus.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
What you've described is exactly the behaviour I currently have but I want to remove the [ ] icon from appearing therefore remove the ability to activate any menus.
OK. That makes sense. I guess I don't consider that GUI information at the bottom of the screen a "menu" which is why I've been confused this whole thread. Hindsight being 20/20, I can certainly understand why you would consider it a menu.

As far as I know, that element of the GUI is not optional. It would require some custom programming/modification to get rid of.

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi

I am having some trouble displaying just one group of cameras.

when I use the
http://BI-Server-IP:BI-Server-Port/ui3.htm?group=groupname&maximize=1
and I replace groupname with say "front_door" I still get Iu3 to display all of my cameras on screen.

Any reason why it wouldn't just show the one group?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@jjsmd ,
Did you beforehand create a group with the desired camera as the one member of that group?

EDIT 12/1 @ 0710 CST: I could swear that used to work, maybe the newer versions where screen layouts involve the group has changed things. I also seem to recall something about a group can't have only 1 camera. Anyway....

http://BI-Server-IP:BI-Server-Port/ui3.htm?cam=camera_shortname&maximize=1
where you plug in the cam's shortname just displays the one camera and in full screen as so desired.

Last edited:

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for your reply but I used
http://192.168.x.xxx:xx/ui3.htm?cam=cam3

and I still get a page showing all of my cameras at once