Simple question about enabling sound from cameras

jranalletta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have 2 Sharx cams. When using Multi Live, both pick up sound but not when using BI. Likely, I've just not found how to enable sound in cam properties. Any help appreciated.

TIA

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Camera properties>audio >enable audio capture...select ip camera stream.

jranalletta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If I could find "integrated microphone array" in options, I'd click it, but I have not found it. Can you advise in which tab it resides?

Thanks,

jranalletta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The "integrated mic..." term must have been applicable to that users system.

Thanks, but still no sound. I'll dink around with settings as there has to be a magic combination that works.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you checked what output is selected under the blue iris options audio tab? make sure its your pc speakers..

jranalletta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. The output is selected. The Headphone jack feeds out to a speaker set which work for other sound-producing apps.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What sharx camera do you have. What selection have you chosen from the blue iris camera dropdown in the video settings.

jranalletta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
SCNC 3905 - two of them. I used "sharx (older)". Choosing MPEG4 RTSP issues a i/o and H.264 creates a smaller cam view window but the sound does not work with either.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Im not in front of a blue iris pc, are there any other options for sharx? you should certainly be using h.264...looks like you are getting the substream instead of the main stream that would explain the smaller image...

jranalletta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
h.264 produces a ca 25% smaller format than the "older" setting. Interestingly, none of the 3 Sharx settings enable the audio selection in the video tab. Could this be the issue?

The "inspect now" function suggested these drivers: Checking for common cameras, none of which works

Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?

...and, the inspect now actually changed the setting to this, which enabled the Audio path but failed to connect to the camera, issuing a "No signal" "I/O error:0"

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When you are using the sharx rtsp, what is the image format that shows up in the video tab (camera properties)
The audio tab will be grayed out on most cams even if they record audio...that is not the issue.

jranalletta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think I see what you're getting at. I changed the cam to h.264 RTSP and forced a larger panel using the anamorphic setting to get a view panel on each cam that's a bit bigger than the "older" setting.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you getting audio with the rtsp setting?
If your camera is set to 1080p that is what blue iris will display...yes you can artificially stretch it if you choose..you wont see any more detail that way, but you can get it to match your other cameras..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are willing to temporarily port forward the cam i cant test it...

jranalletta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Let me think about that. BTW, recorded clips made when the cams are tripped have sound, loud and clear.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you select play live audio by right clicking on the camera?