Simple schedule to record only at night

yds

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. I've been using BI with a number of cameras for a few years, but only to take regular snapshots for my weather website. Been working flawlessly. I just added a new camera, with the intent of recording the critter(s) that is digging up my back lawn almost nightly!! Got the camera working, and was able to get the motion trigger and recording working, but having real trouble understanding how to schedule it so that it only triggers and records at night (don't need to record the daytime wildlife shenanigans on the lawn!). Profiles and schedules are really messing with my head. I've read the documentation, and searched for a tutorial on how to set a simple schedule like I'm looking for, to no avail. Can anyone point me to a tutorial or walk me though the steps? Again, just looking to have one camera capture any motion between the hours of midnight and 6am. Am running an older version (3.66) of BI.

yds

n3wb
Reaction score
After doing some more research, I think I may have improved my understanding enough of profiles and schedules to set it up as I wanted. This post helped a lot. Here's what I did.

Under the BI Options screen, on the Profiles tab, I called profile 2 "11 to 6". That's all I did on this screen.

Then I went to the Camera Properties screen for the camera I wanted to set up. Under the "Motion/Trigger" tab, I clicked on the Profile dropdown, choosing Profile 1, and disabled the Motion Sensor checkbox.
Capture1.PNG

I then chose my "11 to 6" profile using the dropdown, and enabled the Motion Sensor checkbox.

Capture2.PNG

Next, went to the "Record" tab, and made sure the Profile was set for "11 to 6", and made sure the dropdown for Video was set to "When Triggered".

Capture3.PNG

Then went to the "Schedule Tab". Here, I clicked the "Override global schedule for this camera" checkbox, then in the "Select a profile to draw" dropdown box I choose my "11 to 6" profile, and drew in the hours of 11-midnight, and midnight to 6am. They now show as blue.

Capture4.PNG

I think that's it. We'll see tonight if its set up properly - depending if my digging critter comes along of course!!

If anyone looking at this sees something I did wrong, please let me know.