simultaneous camera triggers?

willyb63

n3wb
Reaction score
I have blue iris 5 installed on a dedicated PC with three IP cams. The motion detection and triggering is handled by blue iris, not the cameras. it all works fine.

my question is, what happens when one camera is triggered and recording, and a second camera also gets triggered? It seems to me that blue iris can only write one video stream to hard drive at a time, so the second camera video gets lost. is this correct? the three cameras do NOT have SD cards in them..should they?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have blue iris 5 installed on a dedicated PC with three IP cams. The motion detection and triggering is handled by blue iris, not the cameras. it all works fine.

my question is, what happens when one camera is triggered and recording, and a second camera also gets triggered? It seems to me that blue iris can only write one video stream to hard drive at a time, so the second camera video gets lost. is this correct? the three cameras do NOT have SD cards in them..should they?
This is simply not correct. Not sure why you would think so.

willyb63

n3wb
Reaction score
This is simply not correct. Not sure why you would think so.
I thought maybe the software could not handle two triggers at once because I occasionally lose alerts for events that I know should have triggered the system, and am trying to find out why. for example if I walk around the house the front, then the driveway, then the back should be triggered, but sometimes one of them is missed.

can you please elaborate what happens when a camera is triggered during another trigger event? would appreciate it. FYI the PC has plenty of processor capacity and memory. typically CPU only 7% loaded

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought maybe the software could not handle two triggers at once because I occasionally lose alerts for events that I know should have triggered the system, and am trying to find out why. for example if I walk around the house the front, then the driveway, then the back should be triggered, but sometimes one of them is missed.

can you please elaborate what happens when a camera is triggered during another trigger event? would appreciate it. FYI the PC has plenty of processor capacity and memory. typically CPU only 7% loaded
That is simply because you have not properly setup motion detection.
The cameras are all recorded independently. You can have 64 cameras trigger at once.

Reaction score
I I have found with the latest version that the first motion event after a camera restart does not get detected and does not record anything. The second movement in the detection field triggers the motion event recording without issue. This appears to be a bug of some sort.