SIP doorbells? VTO2311R-WP?

tedrpi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any suggestions on doorbells that support SIP (VOIP) integration for audio and video? I'm currently using an older Doorbird which works great with a local raspberrypi PBX and rings voip phones for auido/video and has BI support. However the video quality on the Doorbird is dated and disappointing at this point. Is there anything better out there?

The Dahua VTO2311R-WP datasheet lists SIP as a protocol used but there's no mention of it manual and I suspect its a proprietary SIP implementation that only works with Dahua video stations for receiving calls.

Did a couple search and didnt find anything in the history.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The VTOs should work, but people do sometimes have trouble configuring things properly. I haven't used them myself. See DahuaWiki

The Ubiquiti doorbells probably use SIP, but idk about 3rd party sip. Perhaps it's possible if you also use their phone system.

Grandstream makes a SIP intercom, I don't think the product has changed in quite a while though.

Algo makes some but I'm sure they're pretty pricey. IP Intercoms - Algo Communication Products Ltd.

tedrpi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@tangent - Appreciate the link. Looking at the wiki it looks like it the VTO is using SIP but want to act as the PBX server. The VTO appears to handle all the routing and SIP to the VTH's. Don't think the VTO can act as a slave device connected to a PBX.

@flynreelow - I saw those, agree not worth it for the price. Guess I'm stuck with the Doorbird for now.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
@tangent - Appreciate the link. Looking at the wiki it looks like it the VTO is using SIP but want to act as the PBX server. The VTO appears to handle all the routing and SIP to the VTH's. Don't think the VTO can act as a slave device connected to a PBX.
No offense, but have you read the manual? It clearly states that the device uses SIP and can use the SIP server built into the VTO or another SIP server. In other words Dahua builds a SIP server into the VTO so that the system will work as a stand alone system. However you are not required to turn on the SIP server in the VTO and can use your own SIP server if the devices are part of a larger system that includes SIP already. Page 33-35 of the manual talks about this specific topic.

Here is the Dahua VTO2311R product page where you can download the manual or here is a direct link to the Manual depending on what you feel more comfortable doing.