Sircam SP015 720p onvif stream - how to access

Reaction score
Let me start by saying that I have learned my lesson. Never again will I buy budget cameras, or skip thoroughly testing their quality before mounting and cabling to them!

That said, I have six of these mounted around the exterior of my business, and they run into a Blue Iris server that I've setup. However, I am only able to record at 360p and not 720p. The two onvif streams I can access are either 360p or 180p and obviously look quite poor.

Has anyone been able to get these cameras to record at 720p? It seems the only way to view a 720p stream is through the Sricam iOS app. I have tried the Sricam DeviceViewer, Sricam CMS, iSpy, onvif device manager and a few others, they all return the same SD or LD stream, and not HD.

I am running out of patience, the Sricam support via Skype is next to useless (viewing them in fullscreen isn't the solution!).

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
A friend of mine just posted on Facebook that he was all excited that he got his house wired with HD network cams. I asked which ones and he said he got 720p Netgear Arlos. I had to resist the urge to tell him that 720p isn't really hidef. 360p nowadays? Time to move on. Waaay on...

On a related note, not that long ago I found an old hardware DVR card tucked away from my first camera install. It recorded analog cameras in QCIF resolution (176 x 120). <shudders>

Reaction score
Ugh, any recommendations for what to replace them with? Looking for 1080p, outdoor, remote pan and tilt with motion tracking, POE optional as I have outlets near the cameras.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
The starlight Dahuas have the next generation of sensor in them. Awesome at night for the money. Just do a search on here for them. There is a thread that lists the new models that you could choose from. They are a bit hard to get at the moment but will become more available comma especially if you don't mind waiting a little bit for delivery. Truthfully though, anything in the last generation will be better than what you've got. If you don't mind a little bit of additional weatherproofing and have a semi sheltered spot for it, look on here for Dahua mini black face PTZ. No motion-tracking but it's actually a real camera. I would have fixed cameras to each door, each driveway, and then fill in important places with other fixed cameras. Then pick a decent spot for a PTZ if you think you really want one to use and to play around with. Forget motion tracking. It is an undependable gimmick and you are better off with fixed cameras dedicated to covering the important areas, otherwise your gimmick will be looking in the wrong direction when you really need it.

As for models in the current generation, the Dahua turrets like HDW4431C-A or HDW4231C-A are a great bang for the buck.

Put yourself on the waitlist for the Dahua HDW5231R-Z at $175ish complete with DHL shipping for the best bang for your buck if night vision is important. Lots of reading on here about that one complete with video samples. The other examples I quoted are $70 with very very slow shipping, probably around $100 each with comparable shipping to DHL if you're in a rush.