Slight tearing on blue iris recording

DebrodeD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm seeing a slight tearing when blue iris records video on one of my cameras. It doesn't do this in live view, only in recording. I've attached an example of what it looks like (that green line at the bottom of the recording). The line looks like distortion from an old VHS tape, it's always at the very bottom of the recorded video and spazzes between green, purple, and white during the recording.

Blue iris is recording direct to disc and does not have this problem with any of my other cameras (all cameras are Amcrest brand). Again, this only shows up when recording in blue iris, not in live view or from my tinycam app, so it's definitely blue iris that's causing it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm seeing a slight tearing when blue iris records video on one of my cameras. It doesn't do this in live view, only in recording. I've attached an example of what it looks like (that green line at the bottom of the recording). The line looks like distortion from an old VHS tape, it's always at the very bottom of the recorded video and spazzes between green, purple, and white during the recording.

Blue iris is recording direct to disc and does not have this problem with any of my other cameras (all cameras are Amcrest brand). Again, this only shows up when recording in blue iris, not in live view or from my tinycam app, so it's definitely blue iris that's causing it.

Any help would be appreciated!
this happens with some amcrest/dahua cameras when using hardware acceleration....try different h.264 recording modes in the cam...or disable HA for that camera.

DebrodeD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, disabling HA for that camera worked! Not sure why it just started having problems as I've always had HA on for the camera, but I just updated the firmware for the camera, so they must have changed something.