Slow Frame rate Dahua SD42212SN-HN PTZ Camera

Dondo

n3wb
Reaction score
Looking for ideas to troubleshoot a very slow frame rate when accessing the camera from WAN. LAN access works ok. I have set it up in BI and iDMSS and can access the camera from the internet, but I'm only getting .5 frames per second.

Forwarded the following ports

HTTP : 8081
RTSP : 8091
TCP: 37777
UDP 37778

I have another camera on the same router (Netgear N600) that gives a good frame rate.

I've forwarded these ports for it

HTTP: 8080
RTSP: 8090

I've tried lowering the frame rate of the Dahua to 10 and lowering the bit rate. Nothing helps. If I log onto the camera thru HTTP, I get an initial live video and it never updates again.

The camera is in my second home (I'm not there now) so the only access I have is thru the router or a direct HTTP connection.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dan

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
upstream speed test? Sounds like the quality exceeds what your capable of remotely viewing.. what about the substream? Its resolution is lower and thus bandwidth requirements are less.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I agree with nayr. What is your upload speed? That is a 2mp camera, so no matter the fps or bit rate, your gonna get lag if your upload is low.

Dondo

n3wb
Reaction score
I did not run an upload test when I was there. The other camera (720p) gives me 15fps, which is what I set it to. If I drop its rate to 5fps I still only get .5fps on the dahua.
I will try the substream

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Click on Substream up top; this is usually set to D1 resolution which requires much less upstream bandwidth.. 1080p requires nearly 2x the bandwidth as 720p, you might try setting the main stream to 720p if your not recording it locally.

Unless you have really good upload speeds you should probably use the substream on a multi-stream camera configured best for remote quality, depending on number of cameras and upload speed... the D1 substream only requires ~2Mbit max.

For example if I tried to view a 2MP 1080p Dahua remotely with my current quality settings it would require ~8Mbit, I have 10Mbit uploads which is considered alot, most people get 2-3Mbit uploads.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: