Slow Motion Recording from my LTS Platinum NVR with Dahua and Generic ONVIF Cameras - Poss Causes?

weirdaljr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently setup a LTS Platunum NVR with 8 port POE with a mix of 4 dahua 4mp cameras with audio and 2 2mp generic onvif cameras with audio. Updated to latest firmware and all setup and recording on motion detect fine.

Originally I had the 4mp camera recording at 4mp 25fps.. I assume my NVR can not playback that at full speed so I just downloaded multiple files from a few days and they are not playing back right on PCs. They download as a mp4 with h264 encoding. Regular players all play the video and have no audio. I understand that may be a codec issue, so I got the DVRs video player (VSPLAYER - same as hikvision) and it has the audio but it is playing it back in slo motion. The audio is slow enough that no words can be made out. I tried a few other media players and all codec packs with same results. I also did some analysing of the video file with utilities such as MediaInfo and some places report it as 14fps and others at 25, but all play it in slow motion with inaudible audio (if any at all).

I tried lowering the settings today drastically to see if that effected the result. I lowered the record to 720p at 20 fps and it had no change on the output file still played slow and inaudible.

What possible causes could their be of this?