small 1080 indoor IP cam

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a small indoor IP cam that would be similar in form/size to the Xaiomi Small Ants cam. I have a nice, older Panasonic PTZ to watch the cat sleeping. I was hoping for something cheap, yet operable and easier to config than the Xiaomi models are. Something that does not have to be mounted and has a built-in stand so i can simply put it on a table and use WIFI and a 12v plug. It will be used to watch a dog inside the house. Thanks for any suggestions.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a small indoor IP cam that would be similar in form/size to the Xaiomi Small Ants cam. I have a nice, older Panasonic PTZ to watch the cat sleeping. I was hoping for something cheap, yet operable and easier to config than the Xiaomi models are. Something that does not have to be mounted and has a built-in stand so i can simply put it on a table and use WIFI and a 12v plug. It will be used to watch a dog inside the house. Thanks for any suggestions.
Cheap foscam lol I mean it's not for security

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Hikvision Cube camera, alot better than a foscrap and they have PIR motion sensors and audio output built in

Amazon.com: Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW 3MP Indoor IR Wifi Cube Camera 2.8mm: Camera & Photo

or your can import em for half that price if you dont care about firmware updates/hik nvr's

avoid Foscrap, at least get a AmCrest if thats the path you want to travel.. same shit company, but much better hardware (Rebranded Dahua)
I've got one of the cubes inside, the PIR never gets a false alarm

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.