Small Indoor Camera for use with BlueIris??

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm looking for a small indoor camera for use with BlueIris, what do you recommend?

Something along the lines of the Y-Cam Protect would be ideal!

I currently use a Hikvision DS-2CD2442FWD-IW 4MP IR Cube Network Camera as a baby monitor, which is perfect for the job. But I wish to expand my internal coverage and think the Hik Cube is quite big and ugly.

The Y-Cam pictured above could be quite easily "lost" in a room, which would be ideal.

In an ideal world, the camera would also be Wired (PoE).

Anyone come across something that fits?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
That's not a popular camera on the forum. I know you said they are big and ugly, but the cube is probably still your best bet. Dahua also has a new camera out like this, there's a thread in the Dahua section. Maybe that will be better for you.

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's not a popular camera on the forum. I know you said they are big and ugly, but the cube is probably still your best bet. Dahua also has a new camera out like this, there's a thread in the Dahua section. Maybe that will be better for you.
I didn't except the Y-Cam Protect would be popular, its part of a closed ecosystem solution. I'm merely looking for a camera that can plumb into a NVR (BlueIris) but one that is similar in style/shape to the Y-Cam.

I'm guessing, due to my requirement of Ethernet/PoE, any camera(s) that take a cable, will probably be a little bulkier, thus putting me back in the Dahua/Hik Cube range. Maybe I'll just wait another few months for tech to evolve.

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With the exception of PoE, the Wyze stuff (v2 & Pan) look ideal.

Being in the UK, sourcing these seems to be somewhat tricky.

Are there any problems flashing Chinese sourced cameras with OpenIPC/the alternative firmware?

Ford

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wyze has released a beta app and firmware to enable rtsp on their cams: Wyze Cam RTSP

The firmware does rtsp at full 1080p and works perfectly in Blue Iris.

These things work way better than their price belies and even though everyone poo poo's wifi IPCs, I have 2 and so far have not logged any camera disconnects with Blue Iris.

These are great for temporary solutions, locations that might result in the cameras being 'disposable' and proof of concept deployments.