Smart Cameras Cloud Access

skjom

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi

Was wondering do all these smart camera
Nest, Arlo, Amazon, DropCam , kasa etc route the video to their cloud service and then back to you.

I.E if on home network if viewing live feed are the Cameras uploading video for me to just download it with my phone again or are they routing it on internal Network.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

Was wondering do all these smart camera
Nest, Arlo, Amazon, DropCam , kasa etc route the video to their cloud service and then back to you.

I.E if on home network if viewing live feed are the Cameras uploading video for me to just download it with my phone again or are they routing it on internal Network.

they are going to the cloud then back down...waste of resources, require lots of compression and are internet connection reliant..

skjom

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Look like the Amcrest Pro can work on local network. Any other cameras that are easily set up and provide local access without going to the cloud? Need to get a baby cam.

Bought the Annke and spent a weekend pulling my hair out with thing need an alternative

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Look like the Amcrest Pro can work on local network. Any other cameras that are easily set up and provide local access without going to the cloud? Need to get a baby cam.

Bought the Annke and spent a weekend pulling my hair out with thing need an alternative

The Amcrest is a dahua camera.. just as the annke was Hikvision...