Smart Events and push notifications

Reaction score
Guys I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure this issue out. I believe adamantly that Hikvision has a bug in their firmware. I'll explain:

I have 13 cameras total. Most of them DS-2CD2142FWD with firmware 5.4.0 160401. I used to have a 5.3 version of firmware on these very cameras. I didn't start having issues with smart events until the upgrade to 5.4.0 or newer firmware. Now that being said I have a brand new DS-2CD2142FWD with firmware 5.4.3 that has the exact same problem.

I have a DS-2CD2532F that has firmware 5.4.0 160530 on it and it never misses an email or smart event.

I have tried both line crossing and intrusion detection with no luck on these cameras. I am recording directly to the camera on an sd card. My email setup works just fine when using the test email option but it will not send an event email.

The only way I have been able to get these cameras to actually send event notifications is to turn on motion detection with email. This works occasionally and sporadically.

I see others continually talking about this issue on the forum, has anyone come up with a solution or does Hikvision even know or care about the issue?

Thanks for reading.

Reaction score
Ok I downloaded firmware 5.4.4 from the Europe site and it looks like it has partially fixed some of the problem. I am reliably getting line crossing events now. Haven't tested the Intrusion detection in depth enough to see if it is functioning properly. Good luck out there.

Reaction score
Looks like 5.4.4 fixed the issues I had with the email notifications. I can now do both intrusion detection and line crossing events with email TLS.

Solved.

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't currently use the push notifications to the ivms4500 app. I only have the cams send emails, sorry I should have stated that in the title. My reason is I can't have my phone at work, but I can have my personal email account up. I know, makes sense right?