Smart Locks

Jay Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any recommendations on smart locks ?

I am debating between a Lockly secure Plus vs a Ultraloq u-bolt Pro.

i am trying to decide which lock would be better for an interior door ( car garage door to inside )

Neither one is rated ansi grade 1.

I will be getting a Schlag encode for my front door. But the garage door will be my primary door used.

I really want a fingerprint reader that also has a backup physical key slot.

Reaction score
I have a Schlage Sense lock on our back door. It's mainly so the wife doesn't have to fumble with keys. I bought it at the time for Apple HomeKit compatibility. Turns out that was my biggest mistake, as HomeKit just never worked that well. :( It's a high-quality lock, but if I had my druthers (and I don't) I'd get a Schlage Z-wave lock instead. Lots more compatibility for home automation.

Reaction score
Same as Jessie: Schlage connect (z-wave). 4 of them. Front door, garage-to-house door, garage-to-outside man door,..... and yes, even on my little dog/cat through the wall pet door. I admit, I was ok doing this cause I bought these guys at auctions at a substantial cheaper price than new retail (I have a Yale WiFi which I swapped to Schlage and gave my friend this Yale).
I decided to go all of the same manufacture and same model to make installation easier, remembering specific codes and operation to be all the same.
Same AA batteries in all 4 for the last 6+ months and they are still working. Though it's getting near time to swap batteries on the front door. Not too shabby of a battery use.
IMG_20200324_180026.jpg

Jay Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same as Jessie: Schlage connect (z-wave). 4 of them. Front door, garage-to-house door, garage-to-outside man door,..... and yes, even on my little dog/cat through the wall pet door. I admit, I was ok doing this cause I bought these guys at auctions at a substantial cheaper price than new retail (I have a Yale WiFi which I swapped to Schlage and gave my friend this Yale).
I decided to go all of the same manufacture and same model to make installation easier, remembering specific codes and operation to be all the same.
View attachment 88412
On the doggie door ???

Lmao !!!

Reaction score
On the doggie door ???

Lmao !!!
I was bored :) And also tired of the dang patio pet door that left a unsecured way to get into my place. I opted for Z-wave smart lock so with a push of the button, I know all entranceways into my house were locked for certain. Didn't want to be 20 minutes away and then think "ohoh...pet door is open".

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm interested in an ansi grade 1 smart lock. schlage encode probably my only option
The ansi grade is not the only thing to weigh when choosing a lock. Consider that because the schlage has a keyhole it can be picked or bumped. Also in consumer reports tests it was found to be very susceptible to drilling, a 1/5 rating for drilling and a 3/5 for picking.