Smart PSS - Local Win7 Recording

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Snoops,

My NVR is out of action and I'm trying to use Smart PSS to catch my camera feeds on my Windows PC until it is sorted out. Obviously it's a big time of the year for parcel delivery, and monetary stress means opportunistic theft is at its peak.

Anyway, I can record successfully on the computer. However the recording's length is quite short and recording ends not long after I enable it. I have looked over the settings and can't see any glaringly obvious to change, with the exception of "Instant Record"... though this only runs to 60 minutes maximum. The allocated hard drive is definitely not running out of space, plus I'd expect it'd overwrap record anyway.

Are these short recordings a limitation of the software, have I missed something in set-up or is there another gotcha somewhere to investigate? If necessary I'll install BI tonight, but it's quite a bit of work and some expenditure I don't really want to put in for maybe a 10 days contingency.

Cheers,
Steve

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Duh. I was missing the PC-NVR component of Smart PSS. A bit of schooling myself with the additional pages which became available after installing it, and I'm now all sorted.

Apologies for the false alarm