Smart TV

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone knows how to view a dahua camera on my Smart tv.
the tv is connected to the web . i put in my local ip address for the camera. the tv loads the dahua web browser no problem. but on the live view its asking to download the plugin. this is were things go wrong it won't download when i click on the plugin it opens a page saying 404 error. any ideas anyone. i'm clueless with this,

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I may be mistaken but didn't some Dahua cameras have updated firmware that no longer required the use of plugins?

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I may be mistaken but didn't some Dahua cameras have updated firmware that no longer required the use of plugins?
Don't know anything about this maybe someone can confirm this .thankyou

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
were do i find the latest firmware for my ptz camera.
its a
DH-SD42212T-HN
this is the firmware i have on it from the factory
2.623.0000000.7.R, Build Date: 2018-11-24. also are they any videos showing how to upload firmware. as i dont know the way to do it,

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
were do i find the latest firmware for my ptz camera.
its a
DH-SD42212T-HN
this is the firmware i have on it from the factory
2.623.0000000.7.R, Build Date: 2018-11-24. also are they any videos showing how to upload firmware. as i dont know the way to do it,
Where did you buy the camera from? It's important to know this so you get the correct firmware from the correct source. You can usually update it from within the camera's web interface.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Where did you buy the camera from? It's important to know this so you get the correct firmware from the correct source. You can usually update it from within the camera's web interface.
i got the camera from a uk seller i think it is a genuine dahua not a chinise import but i can't be 100% sure

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i got the camera from a uk seller i think it is a genuine dahua not a chinise import but i can't be 100% sure
I'm not sure how to tell if the camera is a genuine Dahua. I bought my cams through @EMPIRETECANDY through this site. Hopefully someone else here may be able to assist you in that regard.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
It's difficult because Dahua won't help in my experience. I asked about a reseller recently, no reply from Dahua. I believe this is the 2nd time. The only conclusion I can reach is they don't want you knowing who authorised OEM's are. Maybe for fear of taking business away from those selling the branded versions?

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is the version info maybe someone can tell from this if it's genuine or not.. and also if they is a newer firmware and how to get the firmware,

Device TypeDH-SD42212T-HN
System Version 2.623.0000000.7.R.R4.1217.3S.NR, Build Date: 2018-11-24
WEB Version 3.2.1.662493
ONVIF Version 16.12(V2.4.3.580229)
PTZ Version 3.04.5.RHNP_170613_22963
S/N 5D05A24PAJ9FE84
Safe Baseline Version V1.3

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone knows how to view a dahua camera on my Smart tv.
the tv is connected to the web . i put in my local ip address for the camera. the tv loads the dahua web browser no problem. but on the live view its asking to download the plugin. this is were things go wrong it won't download when i click on the plugin it opens a page saying 404 error. any ideas anyone. i'm clueless with this,
Smart TV's ain't gunna support active X plugins, I downloaded a few smart tv apps that work well, I can view it through my NVR . IP Camviewer comes to mind, I use it locally over my lan.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
It's difficult because Dahua won't help in my experience. I asked about a reseller recently, no reply from Dahua. I believe this is the 2nd time. The only conclusion I can reach is they don't want you knowing who authorised OEM's are. Maybe for fear of taking business away from those selling the branded versions?
Dahua will definitly not help you here in the states unless you bought from a USA Dealer.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Smart TV's ain't gunna support active X plugins, I downloaded a few smart tv apps that work well, I can view it through my NVR . IP Camviewer comes to mind, I use it locally over my lan.
thankyou.. i take it that ip camviewer is a app that i can download. and just put my local ip address for the dahua cam,

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can't you just run an HDMI cable from your NVR to your TV? Alternatively, can't you load the Dahua Android app onto your smart TV?

Since I want to view camera alerts without switching AV channels, I'm going to place a dedicated CCTV monitor alongside my TV. I think most people just rely on their phone or tablet when watching TV but I don't use a smartphone and I keep forgetting to bring my tablet to the TV room.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can't you just run an HDMI cable from your NVR to your TV? Alternatively, can't you load the Dahua Android app onto your smart TV?

Since I want to view camera alerts without switching AV channels, I'm going to place a dedicated CCTV monitor alongside my TV. I think most people just rely on their phone or tablet when watching TV but I don't use a smartphone and I keep forgetting to bring my tablet to the TV room.
Hi.. its not a NVR its a single dahua ptz camera connected to a router. and as i said the smart tv won't load the dahua plugin,

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score

You can definitely run a hdmi cable from your NVR to your TV if its a short run, you could always use a HDMI over IP extender if you need distance, doing it that way will give you just the feed but no controls if thats what you are looking for. For some reason I could not remember, at the time I could not use gDMSS app on my TV. I have a sony android TV and when I do a search on the app store it comes up with No results for some reason.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can definitely run a hdmi cable from your NVR to your TV if its a short run, you could always use a HDMI over IP extender if you need distance, doing it that way will give you just the feed but no controls if thats what you are looking for. For some reason I could not remember, at the time I could not use gDMSS app on my TV. I have a sony android TV and when I do a search on the app store it comes up with No results for some reason.
I don't have a NVR its a single camera connected to a router via ethernet cable . i can get the dahua browser on the tv but it needs a plugin to view. i did try ipcamviewer but that would not download via google playstore. i do not need to access the cameras settings it's only for viewing. why is new techonolgy more difficult to use..