SmartPSS 2.0.0.1 on Server 2016 troubles

wcleme11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is anyone out there running SmartPSS 2.0 w/PC-NVR on Server 2016? I can get it to install fine but it fails to start. When running the application it doesn't do anything. No errors, no event log clues, nothing. As a test I installed in on my Windows 10 workstation and it runs fine on that.

Reaction score
Does Server 2016 provide "compatibility mode" where you can tell the app to believe it's running on a different level of the operating system? If so, that's the attribute you need to set on the executable.

wcleme11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does Server 2016 provide "compatibility mode" where you can tell the app to believe it's running on a different level of the operating system? If so, that's the attribute you need to set on the executable.

Yup, already tried that and no luck.

Reaction score
Is anyone out there running SmartPSS 2.0 w/PC-NVR on Server 2016? I can get it to install fine but it fails to start. When running the application it doesn't do anything. No errors, no event log clues, nothing. As a test I installed in on my Windows 10 workstation and it runs fine on that.
Hi, I am also facing the same issue with Smart PSS version 2 and windows 2016 server. Did you find any solution?

kontarsh

n3wb
Reaction score
windows 7, 8 didnt work for me however windows vista sp2 worked fine in compatibility mode