SmartPSS and BI

ekaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I run BI and want to give SmartPSS a try, and issues with them both living on the same PC?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Run smart PSS on another box, it's not like it acts as an NVR, not that I found anyways. It's great for viewing and configuring though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Run smart PSS on another box, it's not like it acts as an NVR, not that I found anyways. It's great for viewing and configuring though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I thought it could @hmjgriffon? When i downloaded the latest 2.0 version from 3/3/17, it asked if i wanted to install the NVR software. I didn't as I have a stand alone 5208.

SD

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I thought it could @hmjgriffon? When i downloaded the latest 2.0 version from 3/3/17, it asked if i wanted to install the NVR software. I didn't as I have a stand alone 5208.

SD
I installed the pc nvr part and all it looked like I could do is control other nvr's or something, I saw no way to use my computer as an NVR to store video and stuff. perhaps its for managing physical NVR's.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I believe you. I have 4 weeks of research and 38 posts. I also originally downloaded 1.6 for a day, then found the 2.0 version and uninstalled the previous.

I thought when given the option during install that's what the description said. I chose no of course, as I set up the 5208 with a 4TB WD Purple.

it would seem they would need to charge a fee for that level of software if it was like BI?

SD

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe you. I have 4 weeks of research and 38 posts. I also originally downloaded 1.6 for a day, then found the 2.0 version and uninstalled the previous.

I thought when given the option during install that's what the description said. I chose no of course, as I set up the 5208 with a 4TB WD Purple.

it would seem they would need to charge a fee for that level of software if it was like BI?

SD
no idea haha. I just use it to mess with the cameras.