SmartPSS deleting files

vidwiz

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently started using the latest version on a new computer. It, or something, is deleting the videos and photos I take manually. I do have DeviceCFG/System/AutoMaintenance/AutoMaintenance/AutoDeleteFiles set to Never. Any clues as to what is going on? I've searched the program and the manual for any other settings unsuccessfully. It did not formerly do this.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Dont manually recorded videos and images go into a folder structure specified in the settings? Ive only used it as a stand alone viewer and did not install the VMS module to record full time.

smartpss-imagesave-locatiions.jpg

vidwiz

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, thanks, exactly. I see them in their folders but then they disappear days later. Havent quite figured out exactly when just yet, I'm guessing it will be Thursday, the default autodelete day.

vidwiz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. Which version are you running?
2.800.0000000.13.R here, should be most current.
It's in
system, auto maintenance, version

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
V2-002.0000008.0 on an old windows 7 laptop
V2-003.0000001.0 on two different Windows 10 machines at different locations.

I probably have a dozen or more installs at friends homes as well and have never seen that.

As mentioned I dont use the VMS module to record, all installs are with Dahua NVRs so no need. I’m guessing you’re using it as a VMS to record ?

vidwiz

n3wb
Reaction score
Interesting. I think we are on the same version actually. I looked at my install file and it matches your 3.0 version but in the program it says 2.8??? I am undoubtedly a different type of user. I bought dahua's behometh of a sec cam, 48x 4k and paired it with a joystick for observation and photography of the extensive views from my rooftop. No security involved. Smartpss does what I want but seems to have many bugs for example the still button grabs a photo that is darker than the actual display, a screencap is better.

Last edited: