SmartPSS Users

bogi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

I can't find anything that helps me with my problem...
My Question is:
Can one change the User/Password credentials from admin/admin on a machine that runs PC-NVR?
I can't seem to find that option anywhere.. Only admin/admin is accepted when I try to connect remotely.

Thanks in advance

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Open Smart PSS

Settings---->Account..you can change the admin password there. Click the pencil it will bring up the window to modify the password for admin or you can add your own.

Attachments

bogi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I already created a test User with a simple password to test it, but it didnt work. I can log in on the same machine using the test User ID/PW combination, but I can't login from another computer on the same physical network using the test credentials. Maybe I am missing something else here?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Please Supply More Info..What kind of Operating SYS and network, I assume windows? I guess I might be confused..you claim to be remoting in on a workststion that already has a running version of smart pss? Are you using a NVR ?

bogi

n3wb
Reaction score
Well to start with I have a DVR, which seems to corrupt every HDD I put in. I had a HP Proliant Microserver here, so I installed windows 10 x64 on it and installed Smart PSS with the PC-NVR package. The Microserver now draws the streams from the DVR and puts them onto its storage.
Instead of connecting to the DVR to view my Cams, I figured it would be better to just directly connect to the PC-NVR since it has all the video files on it.
The DVR and PC-NVR are on the same network. Now if I want to connect to the NVR with a mobile phone or laptop it just says that the username is unknown. If I try i it with the admin/admin standard it works...
It does not matter what Users I add, it does not seem to accept them or something...

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Boy Not sure about this one, I know some dahua DVr's and NVR's will only let you use the admin accounts to remote in, I know I cannot log in remotely to some dvr's with the
888888 built in account. It might be the same for the smartPSS software. I know I have NO problems remoting into the NVR's but Im not using a server to store files either.
As far as your DVR eating hard drives, you might want to test the voltages supplying the hard drives, They are not immune to getting unstable after some time.
Good luck.