SmartPSS won't launch

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I saw this question asked about a year ago and there was no answer to the poster, so I am going to try again. I have been trying to get SmartPSS running on my Windows 10 Home laptop. I downloaded and installed V2.02 from the DaHua download site, and the installations appears to have run fine. But when I try to launch it all I get is that box asking if I want to allow it to make changes to which I reply yes. Then just the spinning blue circle for about two seconds. That's it. It's done. Tried running as administrator too with the same result. Any ideas how to fix it???

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I run SmartPSS V2.02 on two desktop machines and one laptop without problem. All are running 64 bit Windows 10 Professional. The account I used to install the program had administrative privileges. When SmartPSS was run for the first time it asked to setup a login name and password.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ive had it happen, and a buddy has also. it just quit launching for some reason, showed as running in task manager but never opened.

I uninstalled and re-installed and its back to working fine.

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I never get that far. I have un-installed and re-installed and still nothing. When the blue circle disappears, it's just gone. There are no dialog boxes, no error messages, and it does not appear in task manager. It was installed using a userid with administrator privileges.

Wayne

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hmmm odd. Maybe try an earlier version. I found 2.00.1 to be fine
Template:SmartPSS - Dahua Wiki
I found an old copy of 1.10.1 or something like that, and it works. It throws an error box up when it starts that might have some relevance to V2.02 that I will look in to, but it works. I also downloaded 2.00 to test.

Thank you

Wayne

Paul.B

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the same Problem with SmartPSS running on Windows Server 2019 (Datacenter)
I´ve found that it works if I change the compatibility settings to Windows Vista SP2

Greetings Paul

Reaction score
I had the same Problem with SmartPSS running on Windows Server 2019 (Datacenter)
I´ve found that it works if I change the compatibility settings to Windows Vista SP2

Greetings Paul
I've all of a sudden found a clients pc with smart pss installed from 2018 Aug, No updates performed since and one day last week it stops loading and any settings I try on it result in nothing starting.

The UAC box appears and I click yes to open, the mouse cursor spins and nothing loads after a few seconds.

I've tried safe mode and and running as Admin, also setting to open in Vista SP2 and Win 7 also.

I really need the 500+ accuonts for 3 buildings with All the Users Names and Addresses and Vehicle info so alot of Data went into building this. There is an excel backup I made that does have all the fobs # but no Names or any other details at all.

otherwise I would just install a fresh copy, and re-setup the doors and schedules etc.
It does not seem like anyone has a fix for this issue, not even Dahua...

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've all of a sudden found a clients pc with smart pss installed from 2018 Aug, No updates performed since and one day last week it stops loading and any settings I try on it result in nothing starting.

The UAC box appears and I click yes to open, the mouse cursor spins and nothing loads after a few seconds.

I've tried safe mode and and running as Admin, also setting to open in Vista SP2 and Win 7 also.

I really need the 500+ accuonts for 3 buildings with All the Users Names and Addresses and Vehicle info so alot of Data went into building this. There is an excel backup I made that does have all the fobs # but no Names or any other details at all.

otherwise I would just install a fresh copy, and re-setup the doors and schedules etc.
It does not seem like anyone has a fix for this issue, not even Dahua...
Create a restore point before you get too carried away with troubleshooting. That way you can get back to the beginning.

From an administrative level command prompt, you can run System File Check (sfc /scannow) to determine if there are errors in the file system. From the same window you can run Check Disk (chkdsk /f) to check and repair any errors on the hard disk.