SmartPSS zoom on playback timeline without a mouse scrollwheel

carteriii

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For those who don't already know this, SmartPSS allows you to zoom in on the playback timeline through the use of the scroll wheel on your mouse while hovering the mouse directly over the timeline (doesn't work unless mouse is over the timeline!). I do not believe this is in any documentation (e.g. https://dahuawiki.com/SmartPSS/Playback) but somehow I discovered on my own some time ago. This is tremendously useful to be able to more precisely select a specific time rather than clicking in the general vicinity of some time when displaying all 24 hours of the day. When you can "zoom" to display only 1-2 hours, it's just a lot easier.

I'm now traveling with only my laptop without a mouse and wishing I had the same functionality. I've tried all sorts of other things from using the arrow/page-up/page-down/plus/minus keys, to trying some click & drag, but I cannot find anything else that will allow me to zoom in on the playtime timeline at the bottom.

Does anyone know of a way to zoom in on the playback timeline without a mouse scroll wheel?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
After a couple of years using smartpss I've not found a good substitute. A clunkly workaround is to narrow the time gap in the search box. The UI doesn't make it easy, but it is possible.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't use ASP with touchpad, but have you tried two finger scrolling? You may have to turn it in Settings. Some manufacturers may not support it.

carteriii

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@jack7 You're awesome! Thank you! I'm mad at myself for not thinking of the two-finger scroll, since that's (obviously, or should be obvious) the touchpad equivalent of the scroll wheel. I have a Thinkpad with that enabled and it worked perfectly. Thank you!