SMTP for gmail not working / Help with settings (First POE Camera) =-)

Gemni69

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I got me some Dahua H2.65 IPC-HDW4431C-A camera and I am trying to setup the SMTP email notification and i keep getting this Sender address can not be empty message. It is annoying the crap out of me. I even changed the DNS ip address to match my router DNS and no luck. What am i doing wrong?
Below is what I have set.
5-28-2016 10-18-07 PM.png
5-28-2016 10-29-58 PM.png

Any any input on setting up this camera would be appreciated. This is my first POE camera and the settings are overwhelming lol
I dont honestly know the differences between 264 vs 264B vs 264h. Should I always have it set at 265? Do these settings look correct?
5-28-2016 10-31-14 PM.png

Thx for the help in advance.

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The messege probably referes to the receiver field. The email needs to go somewhere.

Gemni69

n3wb
Reaction score
well that took me closer but it seems it failed connecting. I tried
smtp-relay.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com with no luck. Anyone been able to setup this up?

Also i notice some menu have SMS? How do i set that up?
5-29-2016 9-39-41 AM.png

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I dont have exact same camera but those settings should work, smtp.gmail.com that is.

Have you done this ? Might be needed. I already did that before. Dont know how it is with Dahua.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en

"

1. Go to the "Less secure apps" section in My Account.
  2. Next to "Access for less secure apps," select Turn on. (Note to Google Apps users: This setting is hidden if your administrator has locked less secure app account access.)"

Last edited by a moderator:

Gemni69

n3wb
Reaction score
This worked thx u.

I dont have exact same camera but those settings should work, smtp.gmail.com that is.

Have you done this ? Might be needed. I already did that before. Dont know how it is with Dahua.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en

"

1. Go to the "Less secure apps" section in My Account.
  2. Next to "Access for less secure apps," select Turn on. (Note to Google Apps users: This setting is hidden if your administrator has locked less secure app account access.)"