Snapshot saved to folder.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am trying to have one of my cameras save a snapshot to a folder. Basically the alert image duplicated to a separate non overwriting hard drive. I am lacking the intelligence to get this working without it saving multiple images and then erasing the image stored before the current one and saving the one it just saved. I do not want to add a duplicate of the same camera and hide it because my pc is being stressed a little and doing so has shown in the past that a clone of the same camera does effect the processor load. I want to , if possible to save a ring of images, to a folder when a trigger occurs and save all the images in succession without any disappearing.

Reaction score
I may not fully understand your request. But if I do, here is how to do it.

First you need to define a Folder to store the snapshots. You do that in the Blue Iris Settings/Clips and archiving tab. You need to give it enough space that it can hold lots of pics without having to delete them. See my example below.

1596056183355.png

Then you need to select the proper options on the cam's Record tab, select 'Only when triggered'. Depending on how you set the timing of the snapshot and the Break time on the Trigger tab, will determine how many snaps are stored.

1596056408008.png

From the BI help file:

1596056539380.png

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I may not fully understand your request. But if I do, here is how to do it.

First you need to define a Folder to store the snapshots. You do that in the Blue Iris Settings/Clips and archiving tab. You need to give it enough space that it can hold lots of pics without having to delete them. See my example below.

View attachment 67483

Then you need to select the proper options on the cam's Record tab, select 'Only when triggered'. Depending on how you set the timing of the snapshot and the Break time on the Trigger tab, will determine how many snaps are stored.

View attachment 67484

From the BI help file:

View attachment 67485
Thanks for your help. It works however, again, once the camera is triggered, the stored (one) image is over-written and is replaced by the newest image. I never end up with more than one image.

Reaction score
This is a head scratcher. So you are using BI version 4?

Your 'D' drive, there is 1.6TB used. What are those files? Do you have any of your cams writing video to the 'Snaps' folder? How many cams do you have?

On the 'Messages' tab, is there anything telling you the files are being deleted? Maybe post that image like the one below.

1596153219271.png

Also, on the Messages tab, click 'Open File' and scroll to the bottom (newest entries) and screen shot that like below.

1596153274833.png

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is a head scratcher. So you are using BI version 4?

Your 'D' drive, there is 1.6TB used. What are those files? Do you have any of your cams writing video to the 'Snaps' folder? How many cams do you have?

On the 'Messages' tab, is there anything telling you the files are being deleted? Maybe post that image like the one below.

View attachment 67643

Also, on the Messages tab, click 'Open File' and scroll to the bottom (newest entries) and screen shot that like below.

View attachment 67644
Yes, Version 4.

D: drive is not dedicated exclusively to BI. There is only one folder "Snaps" which I set BI to write the images to. Tried changing the Snaps folder to the E drive to see if it helped. Same deal, keeps over writing last file.

I do not have the box checked to write a log file so I can't open it.

*** One clue is that the images saved do not have the time and date in the file name. Maybe since it is being named "PTZ" for example, they get over written.

Attachments

Last edited:

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here is the fix!!! When specifying the folder location, the syntax for date and time have to be included so written files have different names. See the image below.
I only had it as " E:\Snaps\&CAM." After adding the %H%M mumbo jumbo, files are being stored and not overwritten.

Thank you trying @samplenhold I appreciate your willingness to help. Tried to get help on this before and got zero help. My problem anyway so can't expect much.

Attachments