snapshot

John_Hey

n3wb
Reaction score
My Western Digital NAS working fine with recording videos, but I do not see any snapshots there.
I already selected "Enable Event-Triggered Snapshot" in storage>snapshot. what I am missing?

when I go to playback, download recoding is fine and shows the files, but download images has nothing in it.

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have three Hikvision camera's. Ones running firmware version 5.1.6 build 140412 (DS-2CD2632F-IS) and the other two V5.2.0 build 140721 (DS-2CD2632F-IS & DS-2CD2032-I).

The v5.2.0 camera's don't seem to be taking snapshots, but video is recording perfectly. All three camera's are set up the same. Hikvision did remove and change a few features going from V5.1.6 to V5.2.0 and I wonder if this is a bug or fault as a result.

I noticed Hikvision has released a updated firmware to V5.2.3 maybe this address this.

Hikvision FTP site: ftp://ftp.hikvisionusa.com/Hikvision...2.3_141024.zip
User Name: hikfirmware
PW: Hikvision123 - Its cap sensitive

I'll have another look at it later on today as I will need to resolve this same issue.

Update - 15-11-2014 - Had another look at it and have made some small changes to the way my camera was configured. This has fixed the problem for me. The camera is now recording video and taking snap shots. It wasn't a firmware bug as I first thought.

The things I would suggest you check are:

Go to Configuration - Advanced Configuration - Events - Motion Detection

The following box's should be ticked
- Enable Motion Detection
- Enable Dynamic Analysis for Motion
- Upload to FTP (this is the only one I changed from this morning and it started working)
- Trigger Channel

John_Hey

n3wb
Reaction score
"Upload to FTP" worked for me too. now snapshots are being saved in NAS