snapshots is taking too long in Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z

guijob

n3wb
Reaction score
I've just bought some Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z cameras and I'm trying to use it in order to take snapshots periodically within my application. It's not relevant but I'm reading resulted snapshot from memory inside my application instead of a file, so I don't need to save it.

In the past, I was working with Foscam and Amcrest, which were lasting ~300ms and ~600ms to take snapshots, respectively. But, using this Dahua camera it's taking surprising ~1400ms. I already tried changing resolution but it didn't improve at all.

I'm using this endpoint to take snapshots:

http://192.168.0.22/onvifsnapshot/media_service/snapshot?loginuse=xxxx&loginpass=xxxx

Any suggestions to improve up this time? I don't know which setup information can be useful but I'll give it once asked.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
try 192.168.0.22/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi

also try a different cable or a ping test to check for lost packets.

What does the load of the camera look like, how many simultaneous clients are connected to the camera? Is the camera port forwarded to the internet / hacked (inevitable) and being used used in a bot net?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
interesting the onvif snapshot url takes about twice as long to load (1140ms for me).

guijob

n3wb
Reaction score
try 192.168.0.22/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi

also try a different cable or a ping test to check for lost packets.

What does the load of the camera look like, how many simultaneous clients are connected to the camera? Is the camera port forwarded to the internet / hacked (inevitable) and being used used in a bot net?
I'm gonna try this endpoint out and update right after. By using this endpoint directly it's giving 403 response, so I'm going to include some authentication process in my application after reading camera's manual.

Actually, there are three cameras and a server connected in a switch, it's all set up in LAN without any port forwarding to the internet.

PS: Testing by grabbing a frame from stream improve it up to ~350ms but quality has been impared, I don't know why. I was used this endpoint:
rtsp://loginstr : passstr@192.168.0.22:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif (without spaces)

interesting the onvif snapshot url takes about twice as long to load (1140ms for me).
This made me hopeful about changing URL method. I'll update it soon.

Last edited: