So much information

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just realized I have been posting and I never introduced myself. I've got a bit of a background in tech and trying to install some cameras on my home. It's a crazy world out there.

I found this forum trying to research camera technology. The amount of information on cameras is so overwhleming, it is hard to figure out where to start. Even after reading the Cliff Notes, you've got enough info to be dangerous. Anyway, it is a daunting task.

Thankfully, the guys here have been super friendly and helpful. Wittaj, SebastianTombs, and all the other helpful folks, thank you for spending time answering a newbs questions and helping me learn.

I am still overwhelmed but I believe I have enough information to get started. Hopefully, I will be able to help others down the road.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Better to be overwhelmed right now than finding out the Reolink system you mistakenly bought based on ScrewTube videos is actually junk. You're an exception, the rule is that generally people find this site after the fact.

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The smartest thing I did was start slow after reading this site.

Bought BI5 and a Dahua 2MP (EmpireTech) varifocal and a Tplink single poe injector, cost of entry was about $200 to get my feet wet.

Happy with BI/Dahua; Have 4 active cams, and several I have bought that I have not had time to mount.