[SOLVED] BI app: touching desired camera in index view brings up wrong camera

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
On my Note 4, when I'm in the index view on the BI app, I can touch and hold on a given camera in the matrix, and it will open that camera. To get back to the index, simply swipe down quickly.

However, I was having a real issue hitting the right camera. For some reason, when I touched on a camera, it would pull up the one just beneath it - almost as though my fingers were too fat.

I used my stylus (yeah, finally a use for it) to prove that the point was, in fact, squarely on the camera I wanted, but yet, the one beneath it goes full screen.

I made a video of the phenomenon and sent it to Ken:

In less than 24 hours, he and his android developer resolved the issue. While the app hasn't been updated yet, the cause (and workaround) are profoundly simple.

In the settings of the app, there is an option "Camera - status bar visibility" - mine was set to always (by default). That somehow causes the touch input to shift down by the width of the index. Simply changing this option to "never", means the touch input and the visible camera matrix are pixel-to-pixel accurate.

The next update should include a fix so that the two line up even if you have the option turned on.

Either way, I'm happy to know my fat fingers aren't to blame.