[solved] Dahua IPC-T5442TM - unable to get on the network

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
[EDIT] Sorry, I figured it out. Googled it - it defaults to static 192.168.1.108, so just had to get in that way.

I just received a Dahua IPC-T5442TM. I connected it to an ethernet cable to a router's LAN port (non-POE) and a 12VDC power adapter (2A rating) on the split cable to power the camera. I have not been able to get it on my network. I expected it to just DHCP and be able to see the camera on my router's DHCP table. But it didn't seem to. I've tried:
  1. Different 12V power supplies (including one 3A one)
  2. Different ethernet cables (CAT-5e)
  3. I've held the reset switch down for over 10 seconds while powered on as well as powering on (it has a reset button next to the microSD card slot behind a door. At the 10 second mark, I see the ethernet light on the router go off then back on, indicating the device itself was probably power cycling. But after doing that a couple of times, still nothing. I thought maybe it was set to static IP address and doing a reset will kick it to DHCP client.
Other indications:
  • I don't see any lights (no power LEDs nor IR LEDs) while the camera should be booting/booted up
  • I don't hear any clicking (like IR filter clicks) while booting up
  • I don't see any other indication of the camera powered up other than the ethernet LED lighting up on the router when I plug in the 12V power.
What else can I try? I'm not using this camera with a Dahua NVR, I intend to use the RTSP stream on my network. I'm pretty confident with my router as I've used the same method to ssh into lots of things before. My router is not a POE switch, but that shouldn't matter if I'm using the 12V barrel connector?

@EMPIRETECANDY

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
[EDIT] Sorry, I figured it out. Googled it - it defaults to static 192.168.1.108, so just had to get in that way.

I just received a Dahua IPC-T5442TM. I connected it to an ethernet cable to a router's LAN port (non-POE) and a 12VDC power adapter (2A rating) on the split cable to power the camera. I have not been able to get it on my network. I expected it to just DHCP and be able to see the camera on my router's DHCP table. But it didn't seem to. I've tried:
  1. Different 12V power supplies (including one 3A one)
  2. Different ethernet cables (CAT-5e)
  3. I've held the reset switch down for over 10 seconds while powered on as well as powering on (it has a reset button next to the microSD card slot behind a door. At the 10 second mark, I see the ethernet light on the router go off then back on, indicating the device itself was probably power cycling. But after doing that a couple of times, still nothing. I thought maybe it was set to static IP address and doing a reset will kick it to DHCP client.
Other indications:
  • I don't see any lights (no power LEDs nor IR LEDs) while the camera should be booting/booted up
  • I don't hear any clicking (like IR filter clicks) while booting up
  • I don't see any other indication of the camera powered up other than the ethernet LED lighting up on the router when I plug in the 12V power.
What else can I try? I'm not using this camera with a Dahua NVR, I intend to use the RTSP stream on my network. I'm pretty confident with my router as I've used the same method to ssh into lots of things before. My router is not a POE switch, but that shouldn't matter if I'm using the 12V barrel connector?

@EMPIRETECANDY
Great,normally can use dahua configtool to search the IP address , use the right power, normally cams can work well. None of our cams can't be powered when customers receive them. Because we tested all cams before shipping. If you need any support just send message to me or email, i will do fast support for you.

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great,normally can use dahua configtool to search the IP address , use the right power, normally cams can work well. None of our cams can't be powered when customers receive them. Because we tested all cams before shipping. If you need any support just send message to me or email, i will do fast support for you.
Thanks Andy. Yes, I figure it was something I"m doing, these POE cams are new to me and I was going by assumption rather than looking at the manual.