[SOLVED] New settings for line crossing detection

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good evening,

I've just received my new camera DS-2CD2042WD-I with 5.4.5 firmware.
I've seen that for line crossing detection for example there are new settings .
Were added two buttons : Maxsize and MinSize. And we can draw area on the picture.
I was looking for a manual but on Hikvision Europe is still the old .
Is there someone that can explain how is running those news functions and how to set them with the drawed line ?
If it exist some new manual too ?
Thanks for your help

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello alastairstevenson,

Yes it's right :
  1. Set up the rules for the selected line.
    1. Click the Draw Area button,and a virtual line is displayed on the live image.
    2. Drag the line, and you can locate it on the live video as desired. Click on the line, two red squares are displayed on each end, and you can drag each squares to define the shape and length of the line.
    3. Set the Max. Size and Min. Size for valid targets. Targets smaller or larger than the valid target size are not able to trigger detection.
      Max.Size: The maximum size of a valid target. Targets with larger sizes would not trigger detection.

Min.Size: The minimum size of a valid target. Targets with smaller sizes would not trigger detection.
    4. Select the direction for line crossing detection. For example, A->B means only object crossing the line from A side to B side can be detected.
    5. Click Stop Drawing when finish drawing.
    6. Drag the slider to set sensitivity value.
      Sensitivity: It stands for the percentage of the body part of an acceptable target that goes across the pre-defined line.

Sensitivity = S1/ST*100

S1 stands for the target body part that goes across the pre-defined line. ST stands for the complete target body.

Example: if you set the value as 60, the action can be counted as a line crossing action only when 60 percent or more body part goes across the line.
But i don't know where to put that on the picture ? On which side ? Because i use line detection for from the 2 sides and i can set only one line , etc ... This setting is new for me ...
And my cross line is in diagonal ...

Edit 1 : I've finally found this topic :
New functions for line crossing detection (FW R6 5.4.4)

How can i set the min weight when it's a diagonal ?

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But i don't know where to put that on the picture ? On which side ? ?
With Dahua cameras, where you draw the box doesn't matter. The only reason you draw the box on the screen is for the camera to get the dimensions of it. Once it's measured the dimensions, the box disappears. Then, when it sees motion in the areas you specified, it compares the dimensions of the motion against the dimensions of the max and min sizes you set, and filters accordingly. Again, that's on Dahua cameras.

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello aristobrat,

Thanks for you reply. I will try and do some new tests.

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

Are those settings absolutely necessary ?
Because it's the camera that give me more difficulties to set up correctly

Edit : I've done tests and understand how it run. But i think is difficult due to others problems with this camera. I wil put this topic as SOLVED

Last edited: